Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sit Back, Relax

I cannot wait until I grow up.  I will let my kids do whatever they want.  I will own a beautiful house with my husband, drive a sports car and be careless.

Looks pretty in this picture, huh?

As children we cannot grasp all the details of adulthood.  Being a mother, wife, grown daughter, daughter-in-law, aunt and grown sister is NOT easy.  Many pressures exist as we try to live up to all our titles as adults.  How can we live up to all this?  This life is so overwhelming.  What happened to the pretty picture I painted for adulthood?

I fell often on the broken road I chose to follow into adulthood.  Reasons for my falls included - need for control, feeling unworthy, anger b/c others did not follow MY PLAN, unanswered prayers and total confusion of who I am.  I lacked the knowledge or know how to get through my trials.  I remained lost for years.

Looks ugly in this picture, huh?

My ugly life created a misery I no longer wanted to encounter.  I was ready to give up.  I had nothing to stand on, no hope, no where to turn except worldly things and people.

“Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.  For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. 25 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self?  Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels." (Luke 9:23-26) 

There is one simple answer to all our questions in life.  Take up our cross daily and allow God to lead.  God is the only fill for your void.  He will reveal your beauty, take all your anxieties away and fight your battles (see 2 Chronicles 20:15).  You need only to give it all to Him!

God answers our prayers in three ways:  yes, not yet, or I have something better.  Do not be discouraged in troubled times, for God is with you.  Sit back and allow Him to control your life.  Trust me, life is peaceful when the weight of decision making is off your shoulders.  Stay obedient to God and please Him (see Galatians 1:10).

God thank you for today.  Thank You for the chance to work for You today.  Thank You for restoring my life and relationships.  May I continue to give all control to You and remember You change other's hearts, not me.  You hold the plan for other's lives, not me.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment