Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Who Are You Dialing?

Where would you run upon receiving bad news?  If you lost your job?  If your goals shifted out of your control?  If a friend said hurtful words?  If you just had a down-right awful day?

One answer may fit all these questions for most people - THE PHONE.  We often pick up the phone and call the one person we know will be on our side and provide much sympathy about our experiences.  Others may run to A DRINK (not chocolate milk), THE GYM, FOOD, SELF-HARM or HIDE UNDER THE COVERS and ISOLATE.

NONE of these will ease the pain, redirect our attitude or heal the wound.  All these are only temporary fixes.  Trust me, I tried all these and more to console myself.  I see clearly now, the only way to reach a peace about any situation is to run to God.  He cares so much for you and will provide the only solution. 

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
   I will counsel you with my loving eye on you."  (Psalm 32:8)

Calling on another person may be helpful because God works through His Children here on Earth.  The problem with running to the phone comes when we choose the person we know will agree with us and give pity.  We need to call upon someone who will weed through satan's lies and help us replace them with God's Truth.  This may result in being in the wrong or the finding that some pain must occur for us to learn and grow stronger in faith. 

"Rejoice in the LORD and be glad, you righteous;
   sing, all you who are upright in heart!"   (Psalm 32:11)

During trials our heart must remain joyous, for God is working.  God brings strength through trials.  Rejoice and be glad to see Him working in your life.  Call upon Him, not the phone.  (see Jeremiah 33:3)  In The Message, Psalm 32:11 instructs all honest hearts to raise the roof with joy!  I picture my daughter singing part of a popular song, "I throw my hands up in the air sometimes" (Dynamite by Taio Cruz).  We need to throw our hands up in the air in surrender to God on every trial and then again to praise Him through it all.

God thank you for today.  I know You have my every move already planned, thank you.  May I see clearly Your Path and follow diligently.  My heart sings in celebration that You would bless little ole me.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig 

No comments:

Post a Comment