Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Salt Is Not Always Bad For You

As I watch my son walk out the door each morning, my mind floods with fear.  What if someone makes fun or him?  What if some tries to tear him down?  What if he is last picked at recess for basketball?  WHAT IF?

One of my fears recently came true.  A child spat poisonous words at my son on the bus.  So, what should I do as a parent to protect my child?  Do I begin driving him to school to avoid the contact with this boy?  Do I talk with the bus driver?  Do I call the school or the child's mother?  Where is my instruction book for my son?  I seemed to have lost it along the way.

"Start children off on the way they should go,
   and even when they are old they will not turn from it." (Proverbs 22:6)

Guess what?  God provides a universal instruction book for all, The Bible.  Wow, so simple!  I must start my children off with the foundation spoke of in The Bible.  As I continue to feed them His Truths, they gain the tools needed to come through any trial faced.  My children know God stays at their side and loves them always.  

God never leaves, gives peace and avoids giving as this world gives (pain, poisonous words, rejection, etc.).  (see John 14:27)  My son feeds his spirit daily by reading God's Word in a nightly devotion.   

My son and I pray also before he walks out into this world every morning.  We release all anxious thoughts to Him in prayer.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

My son works to be salt in this world, starting every morning on his ten minute bus trip.  As I sit and worry about my children, I must remember to give them to God and know He has their back.  I am here to be a soft place for them to fall and allow God to work through me to build these little blessings up.  If I allow my son to avoid any painful situation, I deprive him of growing through faith.

God thank you for this day.  Thank You for trusting me with two of Your Children.  You are amazing.  May the words that come from my mouth be pleasing to You and build my kids up to go and be in this world, not of this world.  May my son let his light shine and his faith spread like wildfire.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment