Friday, April 29, 2011

Eternal Field Trip

My son came home last week with a  permission slip for an upcoming field trip.  The gym teacher planned a day at a local miniature golf course with McDonald's to follow for lunch.  My son appeared super excited and could not wait until the day arrived for this trip.  My husband and I signed the permission slip and my son paid the required fee. 

My son continued to prepare himself for this day.  We discussed his outfit, decided on a lunch choice and he even practiced putting on our WII last night. 

Well, today is the day!  He will wake up so excited, ready to go and keeping a huge smile on his face throughout the day.  Nothing will bring him down.

To see a child become so excited and prepare himself with such detail for this day reminds me of being a Christian.  We serve a God who planned our every day (see Jeremiah 29:11), our every step for preparation to meet Him some day (our glorious, eternal field trip).  We sign the permission slip by accepting Jesus as our Lord and Savior.  His only son paid the required fee through death on the cross.

So, what are you doing to prepare yourself?

The day this will occur remains unknown.  More reason to wake every day in excitement and to continue to work for Him, not knowing this could be the day!  God will lay the path which leads to Him.  We need only to continue stepping in faith, strengthening ourselves along the way and planting seeds with each person we meet.  The sad thing is that many people live OF this world and have no idea of the 'permission slip' which exists for our eternal 'field trip'.  Some lack any knowledge of the price already paid in full.  They continue to try and earn permission through works.

"know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified."
(Galatians 2:16)

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—  not by works, so that no one can boast.  For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
(Ephesians 2:8-10) 

God made us in His Image, to carry out His Plans.  My excitement for each day exceeds all I could imagine, knowing God prepared this day for me.  He cares for each of us so much as to give His only son to pay the price for me to spend eternity with Him.  Will you accept this gift?  Will you plant seeds in all you meet so God may water them?  Will you be His Hands and Feet?

Thank you God for this day.  Thank You for my every breath.  May I spend each day in preparation for my eternal life with You.  Guide me in the right direction, keep me focused on that day.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig    

No comments:

Post a Comment