Thursday, July 7, 2011

Unintended Lessons

We sign our children up for church camp so they receive more of God's Word and walk away feeling uplifted.  Upon leaving camp, I see the experience brought so much more.  My son became a friend to someone who needed a friend, he learned teamwork, responsibility, how to love, erased some fears and just enjoyed being himself.  My daughter and I learned patience, to stretch out of our comfort zone, to put others first, to smile when you feel like crying and to accommodate to surroundings.  I observed how God uses my husband in mighty ways.  I saw kids ready to praise our wonderful Creator.


"I applied my heart to what I observed
   and learned a lesson from what I saw:" (Proverbs 24:32)

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
   neither are your ways my ways,”
            declares the LORD.  (Isaiah 55:8)

 Sometimes God does not speak directly through words in the Bible to teach us how He wants us to behave.  Our intentions of an outcome may differ from God's.  This is when we must let it go and accept His ways.  Unfortunately, I allowed my attitude and flesh desires to consume my camp experience.  I learned my lessons the hard way.  I realized opportunities were missed because I focused too much on how I wanted the situation to end.  God wanted to use me and I did not give 100%.  Instead, I walked around with droopy shoulders and a stressed mom.  

God revealed flaws in my character.  I had no idea these would be learned at church camp.  I must give all frustrations and flesh desires to Him.  He will take care of anything and everything I need.  

So, some experiences teach us much more than intended if we keep our eyes and hearts open to Him.  Listen closely, God teaches in numerous ways - real life situations, observing, His Word directly or by mistakes.  With every breath you take, seek Him.  Learn by seeing beyond the obvious lessons and teachings.  

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for showing me through camp where I need strengthened.  May I keep my eyes always open to the lessons You lay before me.  May I go beyond and learn more than what is offered.  Be with me to pushed aside my flesh desires and give 100% to You.  Use me as a vessel for the Truth.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig 

No comments:

Post a Comment