Monday, July 11, 2011

Endless Possibilities

Maybe she will stay at home with her children.  I think she will choose to be a teacher, nurse, or an actress; No, a counselor. 

Maybe he will play Major League Baseball.  I believe he will choose to be a doctor, firefighter, an architect, or an artist; No, a preacher.

We all want the best for our children.  I often wonder what kind of person they will marry.  I already have their spouse picked out, but they may not agree!  As parents, we think of the endless possibilities even before birth; sometimes before conception.  Our dreams go beyond what our children can even imagine. 

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,  to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." (Ephesians 3:20-21)

Guess what?  Our Father dreams even more for us.  We cannot begin to fathom what work God believes we can do for His Kingdom.  His Ways never fail.  He plans every detail before conception and does not lack in fulfilling His promises for our life.  We often question the path He lays, but every step in faith will be backed up by Him.  He will never leave nor forsake you, never giving more than you can bear.

"To humans belong the plans of the heart,
   but from the LORD comes the proper answer of the tongue.
 All a person’s ways seem pure to them,
   but motives are weighed by the LORD.
 Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
   and he will establish your plans." (Proverbs 16:1-3) 

I do not imagine my daughter overcoming an eating disorder, building her self-worth on Satan's lies or placing such importance on one boy in life.  I do not consider the possibility of my son overcoming an alcohol problem, wasting years of his life following Satan's schemes, or relying so much on people to feel him happy.  Yes, I know they will experience trials in this life; God tells us this life is not easy.  But, God brings healing out of any situation if we lean on Him.  God sent His only Son to experience all the temptations.  Yet, He did not sin (see Hebrews 4:15-16).

I am sure my parents did not think any of the things listed above would happen to me either.  But, we all have free will and I chose the wrong path for a long time.  I did not commit to the Lord any of my plans.  I ventured out on my own, pleasing my flesh and pulling the chains of bondage tighter.  I did not feel worthy of any plans God held for me.  I took His blueprints and shoved them deep into my closet.

Only God knows the path of my children.  I will love them regardless of their decisions.  I know that as long as they keep God at the center, anything they chose will bring joy.  Though they may fall, God and I will be there to pick them up, dust them off, and love them all the more.  He will do the same for you.  He has your back as you have faith in Him.

God, thank you for today.  Thank You for not giving up on me as I strayed so far from Your path.  Continue to steer me in the right direction and fulfill the plans of my life.  I now want to study every piece of my blueprint and give every decision to You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig    

No comments:

Post a Comment