Monday, July 25, 2011

Faith Comfort

To embarrass is to cause one to feel self-conscious or ill at ease; disconcert or frustrated.

Now, let us examine deeper.  We may feel embarrassed when falling in front of people, forgetting an important event, revealing a past mistake, lacking knowledge or even due to actions of others connected to us in some way.  Really?  There is so much more to this life than these minor events. 

I have felt self-conscious, ill at ease, disconcert and frustrated in various situations in my life.  As I look at it now, I see they were but a mere wisp in the wind.  Did the action or event I experienced really affect God's opinion of me?  Does God think any less of my capabilities?  Could God be embarrassed of me?

The answer is a big NO!  God loves each of His Children and will never forsake them.  He does not take account of the failures, embarrassing moments or wrong decisions.  He looks at our faith and obedience to Him.  Some things He asks of us may make our flesh feel embarrassed.  Do it anyway!  We must venture from flesh comfort and rely on faith comfort.  Live by faith not by flesh!

"I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
   he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant;
   their faces are never covered with shame." (Psalm 34:4-5)

"So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.
Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister." (Romans 14:12-13) 

Look to Him for confidence and then embarrassment will vanish from your vocabulary.  Also, do not allow the actions of another to bring frustration, ill feelings or damage your worth.  Each one of us will give account of ourselves NOT of others.  We need to veer from judging another, lift them in prayer so God may intervene and work on their heart.  No individual holds the power to shame your 'name'.  Be confident in who you are in Christ and stand firm on His Truths. 

Take every thought and make it obedient to Him, demolish all that goes against the His Truths (see 2 Corinthians 10:5)!

God, thank you for today.  Take the word embarrassment from my vocabulary.  May I walk by faith, not flesh.  This body is but a temporary home for me to use while here on Earth.  My true home is in Heaven with You.  Keep my focus on You, so I rely on God-confidence.  Renew my mind each day as I read Your Word.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment