Thursday, July 14, 2011

Color with His Truths

As the crayon touches the paper, imagination begins.  A bunny could be green, a tree blue or an egg black.  It does not matter, the picture is your creation.  As we learn to color at a young age, the crayon often travels outside the intended lines.  Who cares, you have a blast just scribbling away. 

My children come to me with drawings each day.  Sometimes I have no idea what it could be, but love it just the same.  I ask them to describe the picture to me.  Their little minds created a whole story with just a few strokes of a crayon.  The picture reflects them. 

So, is it scribbles or creative minds?  Is it a mess or a well-scripted story?  Is it odd or beautiful?

I recently saw a movie where two sisters came together to talk amongst family struggles.  They began to build each other up with words because they each feared moving to a different school.  The younger spoke of how beautiful the older was and that everyone liked her.  She would easily make friends.  The older retorted by explaining the mask she wore to try and let others think she was perfect.  Then the older preceded to tell the younger how she had it right.  She colored outside the lines and did not care what others thought of her character.  The younger sister stayed strong and stood firm on who she was.  She did not allow the world to taint her character. 

"For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well." (Psalm 139:13-14)

"On the contrary, we speak as those approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please people but God, who tests our hearts.  You know we never used flattery, nor did we put on a mask to cover up greed—God is our witness.  We were not looking for praise from people, not from you or anyone else, even though as apostles of Christ we could have asserted our authority." (1 Thessalonians 2:4-6)

God took an empty canvas and created beauty.  He had no lines to worry about coloring outside.  He created the world and everything in it without error.  Everything created was perfect in His eyes, just as planned.  Yes, that means you!  Praise Him, our Creator for breathing life into you. 

As we hide behind masks and stay in the lines set by man, we deprive ourselves of the life God intended.  He gave His only Son to die for each of us so we may live a full, abundant life.  God looks at the heart, unlike man who looks at the outward appearance.  Stand firm in faith, use His Truths to color your life canvas.  By doing so, He will work all things out for the good.  People may reject you, snarl their noses or criticize your faith.  But, do not conform to the patterns of this world, keep your head high with each faithful step you take.  Once people sit back and look at the overall view or your canvas, they will begin to see:  How to Love not Hate - Faith not Fake - Beauty not Flaws - Perseverance not Uncertainty. 

Others will want the happiness, joy and peace you posses.  Allow them to use the same crayons (God's Word) to color their canvas.  This is our purpose as Christians, to spread the Truth to all we meet.  As we trust God and complete one part of the canvas (season of life), He provides another and asks for us to continue.  Take each part as an adventure, color each day with His Word and do not allow the world to taint the character God intended for you.

Love the creation God made - YOU!  Remove the mask of perfection.  Color outside the lines of this world. 

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for loving me just as You made me.  May I take Your Word and apply it to each season in life.  May I stand firm in faith and continue to figure out who You made me to be.  I became lost, allowing this world to place restrictions on my life.  I now see I am here to please only You and work for Your Kingdom.  I am coming along God, stay patient with me as I color further out of the lines each day.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment