Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Live for Him or Self?

We perform the same mundane events each day, so it seems.  Often, the same people encompass our every day surroundings.  Rarely, something exciting happens or someone new appears.  As we focus on our routines, we miss little opportunities to step out and work for God.  We fall into a rut and may even feel our presence here is worth nothing. 

God does not use blatantly obvious means to reveal our purpose.  We must open our eyes, turn on our ears and move our feet in His direction.  Our days will never seem mundane if we wake ready to work for Him.  He will continue to use us in various ways so never to feel worth nothing.

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.  If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know!  I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far;  but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body." (Philippians 1:21-24)

I recall years ago when Anorexia held tight bondage on me.  I would ask God to take me home to Him every night.  I saw no purpose for me to stay living in the body.  What good was I doing here?

Well, God knew there was purpose for me to remain here.  I often don't know what that purpose could be, but I am ready.  I am here for Him to use daily.  I pray for the strength through Him to fulfill my purpose here.  I know that each step I take in faith, He will bless.  If I should fall or step wrong, He quickly disciplines and sets my feet back right. 

Sure, Heaven will be spectacular, beyond my imagination, but there is still more work to do down here.  With every breath taken, He uses you if ready and willing.  Living for Him brings excitement, meaning, beauty, relationships, happiness, joy and peace.  Living for self is not really living at all.  Self gain brings boredom, sadness, broken relationships, confusion, ugly times and emptiness. 
Which sounds better?  Which will you choose?

I had it all wrong.  No wonder life here seemed worthless and miserable.  I was living to please flesh and man, not as a servant to Christ.  

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for each breath I take.  I am here, use me to further Your Kingdom, to display Your love and guide others to Your Truths.  Keep my focused on my life with You and not the past selfish life.  Keep Satan's lies away.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig 

No comments:

Post a Comment