Friday, July 29, 2011

Life's Theme

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28) 

God speaks to each of His Children differently.  He knows when your ears perk up and what areas of life will gain the most attention from you.  Listen, His teachings are crucial. 

The most obvious way God speaks to me is through Scripture.  He repeats the presence of particular ones to teach me lessons, to heal my hurts and answer my prayers.  In school, when a teacher repeats an idea, definition or point; listen up; it will be on the test.  Well, the same goes in life when God repeats Himself.  Listen up; this is the answer for what you have been searching.

The Scripture above appears to me at least once a day in some form.  I will often glance at the clock and the time is 8:28!  I open up my daily devotion and the author uses Romans 8:28 to correspond with the lesson!  I will venture back through uplifting letters I received and Romans 8:28 boldly flies off the paper!  I even once had a child in Sunday school find a piece of paper stuck under a table and hand it to me; guess what, Romans 8:28 typed neatly on one side!

WOW!  I believe God would like me to take this Scripture and make it the foundation for living.  In the past I leaned on Proverbs 3:5-6 (which is the theme of my blog).  Well, God sees more than I and believes I must now lean on Romans 8:28.

What do I take from this Scripture?  As I work through healing my past hurts, forgiving myself for mistakes and taking my next step; I feel Him continually telling me that all those things will be worked for good if I continue to love and believe Him.  He will reveal each wound so I may use it at just the right time to lead another one of His Children to Him.  Each healed memory will become a seed to plant in a hurting individual.  All in His time!

So, why did I experience hurt, sadness and bondage?  To be used for the betterment of other people in His Kingdom.  I want to be a vessel He uses to lead others to the Truth I could not see when consumed with Satan's lies.  I must forget my 'pity parties' and choose to live for Him.  I must surrender myself and allow Him to use me for the purpose He planned. 

This Scripture is for you as well.  Any past mistake (we all have them) does not define who you are now.  God washed away all our sins by sending His only Son to die for you and for me.  He will never waste a hurt.  He works everything out for His benefit so Satan cannot create havoc.  Satan cannot contaminate what God already made clean.
From the music, "Jesus Paid it All O Praise the One," by Kristian Stanfill:
Jesus paid it all
All to him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow

Lord now indeed I find
Thy power and thine alone
Can change the lepers spots
And melt the heart of stone

God, thank you for today.  Thank You for speaking so clearly to me.  May I keep Your Truth always on my lips, mind and soul.  I will follow You.  Use me in mighty ways.  Remind me daily that Jesus paid the price and washed all my sin away.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

   

No comments:

Post a Comment