Thursday, July 28, 2011

Be a Postage Stamp

Consider the postage stamp:  its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.  ~Josh Billings

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.  ~Newt Gingrich


I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.  ~Author Unknown

Never think that God's delays are God's denials.  Hold on; hold fast; hold out.  Patience is genius.  ~Georges-Louis Leclerc

The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.  ~Author Unknown

The quotes above refer to perseverance.  I am the first to run when times become difficult.  I lack perseverance.  I like the last quote the best of all.  As I travel down the path God laid for me, Satan continues providing parking spots.  The spots seem so comfortable and pulling over would be nice right about now.  I am so tired; I could park and take a long nap.  The lies start pouring in as I look at each parking spot.

It is then; I reach up to God for strength.  God uses the weak to reveal Himself.  Breaking free from the bondage of Anorexia - all God; I wanted and still want to give up often.  Conquering the need for approval - all God; I fear rejection constantly.  Pushing through the toughest of relationships - all God; my feet would love to run from the hardships.  Standing firm on Truth and keeping my mouth quiet - all God; my big mouth and stubborn mind love to speak out. 

Often, we feel good about our journey and think, "I did it!"  Only then do you find Satan attacking again with the same tactics as before.  What should we do?  Persevere in what is right and go directly to Truth.  As the one quote refers to enduring even when your flesh feels tired of doing the same hard work. 

"Not only so, but we, also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." (Romans 5:3) 

God knows our heart and He sees us giving 100% to be more like Him.  We are not there yet, but closer today than yesterday.  He will provide the strength to push through and learn if we allow Him into our every moment of life.  Hope in Him.  Keep the tools He provides ready for the next attack.  Keep stepping in concordance to His Will.

"I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first." (Revelation 2:19)

As mentioned in the quotes, be a postage stamp.  Stick to the plan God places on your life until arriving at your destination - Heaven.  Persist in doing good.  He will take care of and use you in mighty ways beyond anyone's imagination.  He reveals Himself in this way.  It is only through Him strength can come to continue through the trials and tribulations here.  He knows the way, for He has already overcome this world.  Stick with Him, refuse to park, be patient and do not grow weary!

God, thank you for today.  Feed me Truth so I may combat these lies Satan continues to throw my way.  Keep my mouth quiet until my heart catches up to my thoughts.  Then I may speak with sincerity, not condemnation to others.  Strengthen my relationships and teach me through every trial.  I lean on You to heal every wound.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig 

No comments:

Post a Comment