Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Lighter Side in Life


It is a priceless, fun and easy medicine to cure stress.  It will strengthen your immune system, boost your energy, diminish pain, and protect you from the damaging effects of stress.  It relaxes the whole body, boosts your immune system and even protects your heart.  It has been around since the beginning and still remains beneficial to our health.

What is it?
LAUGHTER

"Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations,
   “The LORD has done great things for them.”
The LORD has done great things for us,
   and we are filled with joy." (Psalm 126:2-3)

"He will yet fill your mouth with laughter
   and your lips with shouts of joy." (Job 8:21)

I am way too serious.  I know this because when I laugh, it feels so foreign to me.  I am the one to get things done, no play time, we have work to do.  How fun is this?  No fun at all.  God wants His Children to enjoy each other, laugh often, bring joy to every situation and praise Him with a smile.  Laughter starts with a smile.  So, smile when you feel like crying and before you know it, laughter will follow.

Ask God to lighten your heart, fill your minds with the joy He provides and open your eyes to humor.  Good, clean humor is the best medicine to a bad day.  A smiling child cures any broken heart.  Laughter is contagious.  Surround yourself with the people in your lives who bring joy and watch your troubles disappear.  Count your blessings one by one.  Focus on happy thoughts.  Live on the lighter side.

The devil loves to steal your joy.  Don't allow the enemy to win this battle.  Smash Satan with laughter.   

Live - Laugh - Love

God, thank you for today.  Thank You for each breath I am given.  Bring a smile to my face, so I may spread joy to others.  Help me laugh.  I don't know how to let go of life and just enjoy my surroundings.  Lighten my heart so I will allow myself to feel joy.  Thank You for bringing so many blessings to me daily.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig 



No comments:

Post a Comment