Thursday, July 21, 2011

Proper Care

A broken bone involves a complete snap.  The injured part will move unnaturally and be very tender to the touch.  Upon hearing the snap, you must stay still until medical help arrives.  Some injuries involve breaking the skin as well and bleeding follows.  The bleeding must be controlled until medical help arrives.

An ice pack and makeshift splint may be used until medical help arrives.  The injured part must remain in its position.  Failing to follow the steps of healing may result in further damaging the part.  If the injury is not properly handled a re-break may be required in the future. 

Prevention is vital in keeping our body whole and safe.  Use proper safety gear when taking part in activities (helmets, pads, etc.).  When working wear steal toed boots for protection.  When playing sports, use any equipment made for that particular sport (chest protector, shoulder pads, etc.).

"For he wounds, but he also binds up;
   he injures, but his hands also heal." (Job 5:18)

"Have mercy on me, LORD, for I am faint;
   heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony." (Psalm 6:2)

"but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength." (Isaiah 40:31)

I ventured through life ignoring any and all injuries.  I did not protect myself, prevent any harm or recognize dangerous situations.  I failed to hear the loud "SNAP" from a broken 'bone'.  I did not stay still and overlooked the blood spilling from my wound.  I numbed the pain through worldly vices. 

Well, I decided to call for help.  My wounds consumed my whole body so much that I realized I cannot do this anymore.  I cannot heal my hurts.  I thought I could, but I only created further damage.  I cry out to our one true Healer and He takes each wound, binding them one by one.  Just as re-breaking a previous injury hurts much worse than if properly handled the first time, so my pain feels much worse now.  He breaks me, so He may renew my strength and place scars over my open wounds. 

His hand appeared through every situation in my past, I just failed to grab a hold.  I chose to try it on my own.  I thought I knew the answers.  I was ignorant to His healing Word.  I now must place on the proper gear to protect myself in every situation (see Ephesians 6:13-17).  My ears now tune to any "SNAP" heard within my body.  I know to stay still, cover the injury with His Truths, control any further damage and wait on God to wipe away the tears and heal.

Call upon Him in any emergency.  He hears and will answer.  He will show you the process for healing and peace.  When you come upon another person with an injury, lead them to the Healing Manual.  For any hurt, any pain or any question; the answers are in this Book!

God, thank you for today.  Thank You for breaking me.  I know that through this, I will properly heal my wounds by giving each one to You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment