Friday, July 8, 2011

Regeneration

Regeneration means replacing a body part with a new one. The process of regeneration doesn’t happen overnight, though. It can take a year to replace missing parts.

The process varies among different species.  Many possess this ability - plants, sponges, worms, starfish and salamanders.  A body part may be removed due to damage, trauma, death of cells or from a human testing the process.  The specie quickly reacts to the severed section and produces mass cells to reform and regrow a new one.  The rest of the body adapts and stays focused on the current task. 

Regenerated nerves are also much larger, and there is an increase in the amount of nerves present after regeneration.  I believe this allows for an even stronger limb, stem, flower, root, segment, tail, etc.  If the event were to occur again, the specie stands ready with a stronger foundation to prevent trauma.

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.  He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.  You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you." (John 15:1-3)

"Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice.  Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity.  Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." (Psalm 51:7-10)

Our human body cannot regenerate parts such as the species above.  We can replace a tooth after the other falls out, skin cells and even some of our liver.  But, overall if a body part is removed, another does not return.

We can do even better - renew our minds, bodies and souls.  How does this process occur?  Only through His Word.  If sin damages our character or hurts another person - confess, ask forgiveness and cut that sin out of your life.  If trauma brings depression or anxiety - seek Him, feed your spirit, cry out and allow Him to heal.  If your soul or heart feels dead - revive it by praising our Maker, helping another person, replace the dead thoughts with His Truths and find peace through Him.  If Satan tries to test you - stand firm on your beliefs, put on the armor needed for protection and fight with His Words (see Matthew 4:4-10).

Just as the severed part grows back much stronger, we become stronger through each renewal, trial and each time He heals.  God teaches us how to stand firm on His Word so to have the tools needed to battle each trigger.  He prunes away our "bad fruits" - sin, unwholesome speech, attitude, etc.  He is our ultimate gardener, keeping us pure and clean. 

Be patient.  The process may take some time.  We did not get this way overnight, so healing will not come overnight.

God, thank you for this day.  Continue the regeneration process of my soul.  Cut away all my sinful actions so I may be renewed and ready to serve You.  Teach me Your Ways and keep my focus on cleaning out my soul.  Make me pure.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment