Thursday, June 30, 2011

Guard Yourself

My children often come to me with each dilemma (a little too often if you ask me!).  I place my referee gear on and listen closely.  My daughter informs me of a stolen bite of her cheese.  My son declares this to be a lie.  Since I was not in the room at the time of conflict, I feel pulled between two very persuasive stories. 

Now, I know my son denies fault to steer clear of punishment.  On the same note, my daughter may compose the best of stories to send her brother to time out.  So, how can a mother discern between truth and lie?  Both seem confident of their story.  I find a compromise to try and please both parties.  Case closed, let us move forward to enjoy the day until another battle appears.

Just as a mother struggles to discern between two children, a person may find it difficult to discern between Satan's schemes and God's voice.  Each day an unseen battle exists for our spiritual life.  We must prepare ourselves; Just as a referee reads through the rulebook to better know how to make a call and a mother learns which questions to ask so the truth reveals itself in a dispute among children.  We must not wait until the moment of battle, but work to guard ourselves and be ready.

"Let us discern for ourselves what is right;
   let us learn together what is good." (Job 34:4)

"Who is wise? Let them realize these things.
   Who is discerning? Let them understand.
The ways of the LORD are right;
   the righteous walk in them,
   but the rebellious stumble in them." (Hosea 14:9)

How do we guard ourselves?  How do we learn His voice so to not fall victim to Satan?

Unfortunately, I am one to learn the hard way.  I strive to prepare myself so disaster does not strike and then I must clean it up before attempting to learn a lesson.  Some battles come at me blindside.  We, as Christian believers, must help each other and learn together.  For where two of three gather in His name, there He shall be (see Matthew 18:19-21).  We learn through one another's situations how Satan prowls around and gain better insight to his schemes.  Trust in each other and speak it out.  The battles we face daily weaken when we reveal them. 

Study His Truths daily so as to know the ways to follow.  Do not rebel, though it may seem the easy way out.  Stand firm on The Word of God.  Satan will try to paint such a pretty picture to convince us this is the way to go. 

". . . , for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light."
(2 Corinthians 11:14)

Listen closely so to choose the real deal, God.  Place on the armor every morning which God provides (see Ephesians 6:11-17).  God has, is, and will be with you.  He knows every detail. 

Give the battle to Him.  Case closed, let us move forward to enjoy the day until another battle appears. 

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for speaking to me, teaching me the way I should go.  Satan planted many lies in my mind, so help me muddle through them and combat each one with Your Truth.  I am Your Child.  May I remember this and stand firm.  Speak through my trusted friends so to comfort, guide and help me discern from right and wrong.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment