Thursday, June 16, 2011

Don't Run

Some wise words I heard yesterday confirmed what God continually speaks to me.  I find myself trying to escape anytime a situation becomes uncomfortable.  I lived this pattern of life so long that I must now fight these urges to run.  I do not like confrontation, unsettling environments, chaotic times or overwhelming schedules.  I, by nature, like the easy way out. 

Living on Easy Street equates living by our flesh.  Our internal GPS continues to lead us to what I call, 'surface peace' places.  We must turn off OUR GPS and turn on HIS SPS (spiritual positioning system).  Allow Him to guide your path by nourishing your spirit with His Truth.  In this way, you will see that Easy Street leads to continuous dead ends.  His path leads to endless joy, eternal life.

What if Jesus chose to travel the Easy Street?  What if He ran when seeing confrontation, treacherous environments and chaotic times ahead?  What if He felt we were not worth all the pain and suffering?

"For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body." (2 Corinthians 4:11) 
 
"All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God." (2 Corinthians 4:15)
 
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." (2 Corinthians 4:16-17)

God will let you know when the time comes to move on to a different job, a different house or a different town.  The more we search and search for happiness in environments, the greater the chance for us to miss what tasks God plans for our life.  He places us where our gifts and talents best benefit His Kingdom.  Yes, your daily workplace might not be the most pleasant, your house may be too small for the number of tenants or your town may be filled with crime.  Guess what?  God has plans for you.  These fleshly discomforts last momentarily, but the seeds you plant and your works you perform out of faith may just impact the eternal life of someone. 

If just one person shifts their feet to follow God because of you, then you did your job.  God will not trust you with big things and tasks if He cannot trust you with small things (see Luke 16:10).  Humble yourselves, realizing no job God places in front of you is useless.  Thank God for building you step by step to achieve eternal glory.  Avoid Easy Street and enjoy wherever His plans take you so to hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

God, thank You for today.  Thank You for trusting me with tasks to further Your Kingdom.  May I display happiness everywhere You guide my steps and wait on You to move me to another task.  You know when I am done and I pray I may hear Your voice to guide my spirit.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment