Wednesday, June 15, 2011

One Little Boy

My children and I went to a local wet park yesterday.  The park consists of a pirate ship with a slide, a ramp, cannons shooting water out, a treasure box with water flowing from it and many other spouts spraying out water.  The kids love running around and going down the slide. 

As I sat back and watched, I noticed one little boy jetting from here to there, climbing the steps to wait in line and zoom down the wet slide.  He smiled from ear to ear.  His focus remained on what fun he could experience while at the park. 

One thing was different about this boy.  He, either from injury or inborn, had no legs.  From waist down, he lacked what other kids had present.  WOW!  This little boy provides the greatest testimony without even speaking a word.  Though his lifestyle differed from all other kids his age, he adapted.  He did not sit at home and give up.  He trucked around that park on his arms and waistline without second thought of going or doing what every other kid did.

“What strength do I have, that I should still hope?
   What prospects, that I should be patient?
Do I have the strength of stone?
   Is my flesh bronze?
Do I have any power to help myself,
   now that success has been driven from me?" (Job 6:10-15)

In the Bible, Job endured much hardship from Satan.  Job did not lose faith.  His character proved blameless, upright, fearing God, shunning evil.  Satan came in to steal and destroy all Job possessed and the health he enjoyed.

“Why did I not perish at birth,
   and die as I came from the womb?" (Job 3:11)

Job may have become discouraged from time to time, not understanding why all this would be happening to him.  The test of his faith may teach lessons to all who read of his accounts.  He had many people encouraging him to remember what he learned in the 'light'.  We must not forget in the 'dark' what we learned in the 'light'.

"But if you will seek God earnestly
   and plead with the Almighty,
if you are pure and upright,
   even now he will rouse himself on your behalf
   and restore you to your prosperous state." (Job 8:5-6) 

Job had many opportunities to give up.  He received many invitations to 'pity parties'.  He endured and pushed through.  The support system he had continually told him to reach up, seek God.  Seek Him with all your heart.

The little boy I saw will encounter many times ahead where giving up would seem so easy.  I pray that he continues to reach up and allow his faith to see him through it all.  When you wake up this morning, think about this little boy and remember Job.  Yeah, the weather might not be perfect today, you may sit in traffic, your coffee pot may break, your 'to do' list may exceed the time in the day or you just did not get enough sleep.  Shift your attitude, your thoughts, so to see God.  He provided another day for you to serve Him.  He provided legs for you to venture through your day, eyes to see blessings He pours out and hands to reach out and help others you encounter.

Keep your faith strong and your actions loving.

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for helping me see the meaning in life through one little boy's faith.  May I keep my eyes open to all the blessings given to me and use each one to bless another person.  May I avoid all 'pity parties' and know that You are cheering me on every day.  May I not sit the bench and lack faith in my abilities, for with You along side, I know I can accomplish anything within Your plan for me.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment