Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Everyone Needs A MeMaw

Eighty-nine years ago, yesterday, God brought one of my favorite women into this life.  She always greets you with a smile and a hug.  Her happiness rises every time she sees your face.  She cooks the best food, provides the best care, keeps up with everyone's activities and loves with her whole heart.  She prays unceasingly, helps others in need, lives with a thankful heart toward her Maker and listens when He speaks.  She takes care of herself, never going or doing beyond what God plans for her.

My MeMaw is fantastic!  She loved me when I seemed so unlovable.  She set an example of the life God intends for each to live.  She worked and raised six children.  She lost two, but knew they were in God's hands and she would hold them again some day.  She lost her husband years ago, but knew he was in God's hands and she would be in his arms again some day.  God keeps her strong so He may use her to teach all she meets. 

"Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ."
(1 Corinthians 11:1)

"Join together in following my example, brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do.  For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ." (Philippians 3:17-18)

Paul told the churches to follow those who follow the example of Christ.  We must be careful not to follow or seek answers from those following the wrong path, those being led astray by the enemy.  Pray for discernment in this area of life.  God will lead you to those who live by His Truth. 

My MeMaw is fantastic!  She planted seeds every time I visited.  She did not quote Scripture to me, pray over me or drill church teachings in my head.  She loved, cared, listened, lived by faith and took time to build me up.  God slowly watered all those seeds and I now feel the growth of them inside me.  We never know when the seeds we plant will be watered, but we do know that God intends for us to plant them wherever we may go.  Look for every opportunity to do so. 

"Similarly, encourage the young men to be self-controlled.  In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us."
(Titus 2:6-8)

I see all these traits in my mom as well.  Wow!  I feel so blessed for God to have sent these two women into my life.  I pray I may follow in their footsteps and love like them.  I pray I build up all who I meet, brighten other's day with a smile, teach by example and make every thought/action obedient to Christ (see 2 Corinthians 10:5). 

God, thank you for today.  Thank You for providing yet another year with my MeMaw.  Thank You for using her as a vessel to touch so many lives.  Water all the seeds she planted in my life so I may follow You as she has and does.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment