Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Find Strength

Each day my mind and body can only handle a certain amount of hours.  As the time comes to an end, I grow tired and cranky.  I am not pleasant to be around at this time of the day.  I feel drained from battling the day. 

Well, yesterday I realized my daughter received this gene from me.  She can only last so long before meltdown begins.  If she did not have a nap, this comes much quicker.  We both reached our breaking point around the same time last night.  My poor husband and son dealt with our attitudes.  I was done for the day and ready to hit the pillow. 

I continued to provide my daughter with whatever would keep her content so as to survive the completion of our nightly rituals.  I feel it is much easier, at this point, to just keep her happy than to experience a five minute tantrum.  We understand she is exhausted and have mercy on her.

Do you ever have one of those days which drain all your energy to function?  Have you had enough of a tough season in life? 

This is the time to step up the game.  We must lean even more so on God.  No mercy comes from the devil when we feel exhausted, cranky or like we cannot take one more thing coming our way.  The devil loves this state of mind.  He moves in and begins finding just the right foothold to grab.

"For who is God besides the LORD?
   And who is the Rock except our God?
It is God who arms me with strength
   and keeps my way secure." (2 Samuel 22:32-33)

"Look to the LORD and his strength;
   seek his face always." (1 Chronicles 16:11)
 

What a great God we serve.  He comes in to provide strength beyond what our minds can fathom.  He rescues us from our enemy and keeps our ways safe.  Without Him we may stumble and fall into our enemies hand, which leads only to destruction.  God never grows tired and weary.

"...He will not grow tired or weary,
   and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
   and increases the power of the weak." (Isaiah 40:28-29)
 
Reach deep when you feel you have nothing left and God will bring you through anything facing you.  Whether it be a rough day, week, month or year, He is there to guide you and provide strength.  Don't allow the devil a foothold, but cling to the mercy of God.  He wants the best for you and quickly fills you up when this world drained you.

God, thank you for today.  Thank you for the strength given at just the right time.  May I lean on You always and obey Your commands.  May I rest in Your arms.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment