Wednesday, June 1, 2011

God's Extension Cord

Wires connected to an outlet
Telephone line connected to a computer
Gas line running to your stove/oven
Water line running to your faucet

All these connections must be present to function properly.  Without wires running from a fuse box, no electricity could flow.  Computers require telephone lines to make use of the Internet.  In order for dinner to be served, gas helps light your stove/oven.  One would go thirsty without lines pumping water to the faucet. 

Each must stay connected to its specific source to serve a purpose.  Power flows from the source and is ready to be used at all times.

“You shall have no other gods before me." (Exodus 20:2-4)

"Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.  Keep his decrees and commands, which I am giving you today, so that it may go well with you and your children after you and that you may live long in the land the LORD your God gives you for all time." (Deuteronomy 4:39-40)

"May my supplication come before you;
   deliver me according to your promise.
May my lips overflow with praise,
   for you teach me your decrees.
May my tongue sing of your word,
   for all your commands are righteous." (Psalm 119:170-172)

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.  I myself am convinced, my brothers and sisters, that you yourselves are full of goodness, filled with knowledge and competent to instruct one another." (Romans 15:12-14)

We need not search for multiple sources to function in life.  God is the only one, always there for us to 'plug' into Him.  He provides power and strength to complete our purpose here on Earth.  As we overflow with His Truths, we receive hope, joy and peace.  Then, we may act as a vessel to guide others to Him. 

Without Him, no life exists within us.  The Bible teaches and provides Truth to feed our spirits.  Spiritual nourishment brings life.  A life He planned.  As we serve Him, He reveals our purpose.

Continue to tell others about this source so they may find life.  Become an extension cord for God so His Truths may be passed on for generations to come.

Who will you impact today by being God's extension cord?

God thank you for this day.  Thank You for providing my source of life.  May I never disconnect.  Provide the words to guide my children to You, so they may 'plug in' and receive peace, joy and hope.  My hope is in You and I know I will never be left spiritually dead.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment