Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Only Physician

Each day we must choose our words carefully.  "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."  WRONG!  A cast may cure any broken bones do to physical injury.  But, what can cure an emotional injury from negative words spoken or lies in the media?  What doctor/physician may help heal a broken heart, broken spirit or infectious mind?

Unfortunately, I continually visited the wrong doctor/physician for healing.  I visited Anorexia, drugs, alcohol, self-abuse and approval.  These offered temporary highs to bury any and all emotions. 

And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her.  She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped.
    “Who touched me?” Jesus asked.
   When they all denied it, Peter said, “Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you.”
  But Jesus said, “Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me.”
  Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed.  Then he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace.” (Luke 8:43-48)

The woman in this passage visited doctor after doctor and spent lots of money to search for healing from her physical bleeding.  This went on for TWELVE years.  Her final straw was to touch Jesus and see if healing would follow.  Faith in Him healed her.  She went in peace and lived her life free from bleeding. 

Why did she not go to Jesus first?  Her money and years of sufferings could have been saved, if only she found Him in the beginning.  You know, I believe her experience contributed to His Plan.  Her story teaches many others of the importance to run to Jesus first and foremost.  He is our Great Physician and Counselor.  His Truths set us free, healing any emotional and physical wound.

Any doctor can place a cast on a broken bone to bring healing.  Only God can heal the broken in spirit and mind.  Come to His office with prayer and petition to be set free.  Your faith will bring peace and your worth found in Him.  Our prescriptions are written in the Bible.  A lasting high (spiritual) occurs and all the lies combated by Truth.   

I believe all I experienced contributed to His Plan.  Now, I take each lesson learned and see my faith increase.  I pray that God may use me to help provide comfort to others as He did for me 
(see 2 Corinthians 1:3-4).

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for every experience which brought me closer to You.  I praise You for healing me.  May I take all I learned and teach others where the answers can be found, Your Truths.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment