Friday, June 24, 2011

Him-Propelled Life

I started the mower, began on our hillside and "SCREECH"!  The blade came in contact with a rock.  The damage placed the mower on the disabled list.  I called my dad and he quickly brought over a mower for me to use. 

I started the mower, began on our hillside and closely watched so to avoid the same rock.  As I trucked right along, I noticed my work seemed harder than usual.  See, my dad's mower lacked the option of self-propel.  The hillside we live on requires a self-propelled mower.  The little bumps, the obstacles created from roots of a giant tree and the climbing of the hill drained my energy.  I constantly fought the terrain with the mower.  I lacked the strength needed from our mower to tackle this job.

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.  If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned." (John 15:5-6)

"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.  But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.  That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.  Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do." (James 1:5-8) 

With each pass, my frustration escalated.  I felt defeated.  I correlated this to a life without God.  He provides strength in us to tackle anything laid before us.  Our faith in Him diminishes all frustration and restores our energy.  Breaking away from the vine (attempting situations on our own) leads to destruction (a branch withering and thrown into fire).  

In the past, I prayed with such emptiness.  I asked for God to take away my pain (physical and emotional), to bring some happiness my way, to show me why I am here or to just take me out of this world to be with Him.  The minute I finished the prayer, I continued on my way and fought all struggles on my own.  I doubted that His power could change me from the inside-out.  I thought by simply saying the words that peace, joy and happiness would just happen to me.  WRONG!  My heart, soul and mind needed to believe in Him and the power He holds to lead my life.  Apart from Him I am nothing.  Apart from Him I remain unstable and find nowhere to stand firm.  My emotions drive my life and I find myself swaying loosely from here to there. 

He is the driving force behind my peace.  Just as I had to work twice as hard without self-propelled mowing, we all work twice as hard without Him-propelled living.  Surrender the fight, let Him take over and relax.  He has your back!

God, thank you for today.  Be my driving force each day.  Guide my every move.  Thank You for loving me so much and healing my pain.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment