Friday, June 10, 2011

Don't Leave Home Without Him

I watch my children as their environment changes and as they meet new kids.  They cling to mommy or daddy, scared to face the new situation or the crowd of new faces.  I believe both feel most comfortable in their house with their possessions close.  The unknown brings anxiety.  The unfamiliar creates fear.

These feelings and situations follow all of us in life.  With each year we live, unfamiliar, unknown situations appear.  How we approach them is vital to our maturity as Christians.  At age 28, I find myself often yearning for my mommy to help me through trials.  We feel comfort knowing someone we love is holding our hand or walking next to us.  We fear going anywhere alone (we even go to the bathroom in pairs!).

Are we ever REALLY alone?

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)

"Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart." (Proverbs 3:3)

"For you have been my hope, Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth." (Psalm 71:5)

"The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid.
   What can mere mortals do to me?" (Psalm 118:6)

So, how can I teach my children to be okay without myself or my husband at their side?  I must teach them God-Confidence.  We must look to Him for self-worth, not the world.  As we learn who we are in Christ, we realize through Him all things are possible.  He will never leave our side.

Acknowledge the strength received through Him.  Do not leave God at church on Sunday.  Do not forget Him after praying nightly.  Do not sit His Truths on a bookshelf only to be brought out during Christmas or Easter.  Do not blame Him for trials faced.  Do not disown Him when the majority does not believe The Word.

Instead, look to Him and take each step in faith towards Him!  Learn about Him at church on Sunday, then go and teach.  Pray to Him throughout the whole day, carrying on a continuous conversation.  Study His Word daily.  Take each trial and learn how to lean on Him even more, how to surrender.  Go against the majority and plant seeds so He may water them. 

He is all we need!  He is the Father we must cling to and never let go!  Through Him any situation can be conquered!  Love God in every action and give all your cares and anxieties to Him (see 1 Peter 5:7)!

God, thank You for this day.  Come with me each step I take so to give me strength.  I know through You all things are possible.  You have seen me through so much.  Thank You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment