Saturday, March 19, 2011

But I Don't Want To

"But Mom, I do not want to go to school.  School is boring."
The wonderful words out of my seven year old almost daily.  As I go into my 'you have to go to school' speech, I include the importance of attending school and engaging yourself in all the studies.  I tell him that school provides the knowledge we need to succeed in this world.  We acquire skills needed for future careers. 

My son usually is not content with my reasoning, but walks out and enters the bus to head on to school.  He is obedient even though he REALLY does not want to spend his day inside with a teacher telling him to do such and such work.

I find myself in the same predicament with God.  God tells me to take certain steps in life so that I may gain skills needed, strengthen my faith and receive blessings in this world.  I find myself saying, "But God, I do not want to open that door You place in front of me."  He cannot make it any clearer to me where He is leading me, but I still find it hard to move.  My feet remain still as though 200 lb. weights were attached.

I can account numerous people in the Bible whom God healed.  He asked them to do something to be healed.  There was an action attached to display their faith that God does what He says He will do.  The paralyzed man by the pool - told to pick up his map and walk ; The blind man who God placed mud on his eyes - told to walk to a specific river and wash clean so as to see ; The bleeding woman - took the leap of faith in simply touching Jesus' cloak to receive healing.  I know God heals through our obedience.  Numerous examples exist in my own life with the healing of my physical body.  I know and have seen the results of obedience yet I still say, "But God." 

He wants all of us, not just what we are willing to give.  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on our own understanding (see Proverbs 3:5-6).  If you have not noticed by now, this scripture speaks volumes to me and appears daily in my thoughts.  He wants full obedience.  The more we obey, the more He trusts us.  Righteousness follows obedience to God.  Let us not become obedient to man or sin.

Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance. You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.  (Romans 6:16-19)

God thank you for this day.  Thank you for the freedom to choose You.  May I give all of myself to You and not just the pieces I am willing to let go.  You are pulling my heart, may I be obedient to You.  I know I will truly see peace and abundant blessings.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment