Wednesday, March 16, 2011

But What About Tomorrow. . .

Our to-do list may consist of such things: clean the kid's playroom - dust the living room - pick up a prescription - get groceries - get gasoline for car - visit a friend - call the doctor - etc.  We wake in the morning with every intention to complete our list.  What if something is left undone?  Do you drop it?  Add it to tomorrow's list?  Delegate the task out to another family member?  Beat yourself up and feel failure for your day?

We cannot complete everything.  Our spirit and energy would wear thin and be followed by a break down (emotionally, physically or both).  Give your day to God and see what He wants you to complete.  His plan may differ from our own.  I know, though, His will be more fulfilling. 

This same tactic goes with worry and concern.  Each day holds enough worry of it's own;  We need not carry over yesterday's troubles and concerns.  If we bring yesterday into today, we set ourselves up for a mess, an overwhelming day which drains us to the point where the a giant foothold is created for the devil to cause destruction. The devil prowls on weary souls.

 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.  (Matthew 6:33-34)

We need only to seek God, place Him first in our day and watch Him take care of the rest.  Wasting all our energy on worry (what ifs? and whys?) only causes us to miss our blessings and the opportunities to touch the lives of others today.  I am not saying God does not want us to prepare ourselves for upcoming events or plan accordingly to keep our lives going each day, BUT we are not to sit and worry if something will be done or why our schedule changed from the original plan, etc.  God takes care of us.  Cast your anxiety on Him, for He cares for you (see 1 Peter 5:7).  God is our strength to see us through any trial or hardship.  Relax and enjoy all His blessings.  Praise God for each day and live according to His Will.

God thank you for waking me up this morning, for allowing me to enjoy this day You have planned.  I know You will provide everything I need to accomplish anything which comes my way.  Keep my eyes and ears open to Your Will for me.  Be with all who are lost, guide them and love them.  I pray if I can help in any way to help those lost, that You will show me.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment