Sunday, March 13, 2011

He Has Your Back

So, I wake up this morning and begin to think about the day ahead.  I know I will enjoy every part of it and see the beauty God blesses us with today.  Today, we go to church, celebrate a birthday (one of the greatest men I know - My father in law), enjoy our children and end the night amongst a handful of close friends in our Sunday night small group.  I am excited about every piece of my day.

I also think about this day and see that I could easily not ever seen this day.  God has provided me this day.  He restored me to health so I may work for Him and grow closer each day with Him. 

 Lord, by such things people live;
and my spirit finds life in them too.
You restored me to health
   and let me live.
Surely it was for my benefit
   that I suffered such anguish.
In your love you kept me
   from the pit of destruction;
you have put all my sins
   behind your back. (Isaiah 38:16-17)

God never gave up on me, though I gave up on Him.  I knocked on death's door many times throughout my eating disorder.  I saw death as the way out.  What a selfish thought!  God has such wonderful plans for me, plans to prosper me, give me hope and provide a wonderful future (see Jeremiah 29:11).  I tried to fight God and tell Him what I thought should happen - I needed to leave this world, I was serving no purpose but to continuously hurt.  Boy, was I wrong!   

I now see all these hurts, all these choices I made created the person I am today.  God did not waste any one of my hurts.  God does not promise we will not experience trials and hardships in this fallen world.  He DOES promise to be there through it all and take us in His Hands.  As I reveal my masks and reach out to others, I see many feel the same hurts and see no light, they feel dark and hopeless.  I am here to shine for God and show others there is hope in God.  God will strengthen us, build us up for His Kingdom and use us to serve Him.  I like The Message version of Isaiah 38:17 -
It seems it was good for me
   to go through all those troubles.
Throughout them all you held tight to my lifeline.
   You never let me tumble over the edge into nothing.
But my sins you let go of,
   threw them over your shoulder—good riddance!

Keep God close.  You may feel life is not fair or times are just so rough.  Take heart in knowing God NEVER wastes a hurt.  He will not let you tumble into nothing if you keep your faith and promise to Him.  He has your back.  He uses us, allow Him to use you today.  Take off your mask allow others to see the strength you find through Our Great Counselor.  Confess your sins to Him and say GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

God thank you for another glorious day.  This is Your day, have it be what You Will.  I am here to enjoy, serve and love.  Thank your for not giving up on me and bringing my body back to health so I may serve you to the fullest.  May all the words I speak be pleasing to You and build others up, guide them to take off those masks and see You as their Lord and Savior.  I am here only to serve You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment