Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Milk or Steak

God does not live in a 'Sunday Box'.  He stays with us, constantly guiding and speaking to our hearts.  Each day must begin with a prayer for an open heart, a mind ready to learn His Ways and ears ready to hear the message of His Truths.  May He show us daily if any offensive way appears in our hearts so to change those thoughts and actions to be pleasing to Him (see Psalm 139:23-24).  May He use our hands and feet to further His Kingdom every day.  He is not finished with us yet.
"A finished person is a boring person."
                    -Anna Quindlen

What a peaceful thought to know God continually works through us daily!  The key factor is IF we allow Him in our daily lives, our daily thoughts and our daily actions.  Casting Crowns put it perfectly in their song, "Until the Whole World Hears."
Lord I want to feel your heart
and see the world through your eyes
I want to be your hands and feet
I want to live a life that leads

Our Christian hearts, thoughts and actions should lead others to Jesus.  Before accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savior, my life was useless, miserable and draining.  Living a life of sin creates a deadened heart and we poison others rather than build them up for His Kingdom.  Sinful lives only feed on 'milk' rather than 'solid food', lacking His Truth and guidance toward a righteous life.  Sinful lives create a distance from God.  We must heed the warning of falling away. . .

We have much to say about this, but it is hard to make it clear to you because you no longer try to understand.  In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food!  Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness.  But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil. 
(Hebrews 5:11-14) 

Feeding ourselves God's Truth (solid food) provides the skills needed to combat satan's lies.  The sword of the Spirit (Word of God) must be ready to draw at any second of the day.  Keep feeding yourself His Word so as to not fall to a sinful life.  His Word teaches and matures, allow this to happen.  He will spiritually feed you with whatever 'food' you are ready to receive.   
"I am not where I need to be, but thank God I am not where I used to be, I'm okay and I am on my way."
            -Joyce Meyer

God thank you for today.  May all the words I speak today be pleasing to you and build others to see You rather than poison them with sinful thoughts.  May I take every thought captive to make it obedient to You (see 2 Corinthians 10:5).   I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig


 

No comments:

Post a Comment