Monday, March 21, 2011

Been in 'Time Out' Lately?

So, as I send my child to the rug (AKA - time out), the fit explodes.  I absolutely despise this part of parenting.  I can truly say that disciplining hurts me way more than my children. 

God disciplines us daily just as a parent disciplines a child (see Deuteronomy 8:5).  Okay, so God does not necessarily place us in time out, but He does make us feel discomfort when acting against His Will and instruction.

Think about if we never disciplined our children or if they simply ignored all we taught them.  They would be a mess.  They would not posses the skills to make sound decisions, love others, respect themselves or have organization in their lives.  We love our children, which is why we discipline.  God loves us, which is why He disciplines.  Through His discipline we learn to live a righteous life, we learn to walk the straight path.

Whoever heeds discipline shows the way to life,
   but whoever ignores correction leads others astray.  (Proverbs 10:17)

LORD, I know that people’s lives are not their own;
   it is not for them to direct their steps.
Discipline me, LORD, but only in due measure—
   not in your anger,
   or you will reduce me to nothing.
Pour out your wrath on the nations
   that do not acknowledge you,
   on the peoples who do not call on your name.  (Jeremiah 10:23-25)

We must not fear discipline, but accept it and know it comes with love from God above.  Know that God disciplines those He wishes to build up to work for His Kingdom.  Take heart and know that God disciplines as a parent would a child, BUT He also comforts as a mother would a child (see Isaiah 66:13).  Take discipline and learn, strengthen your respect level for God and see blessings flow as you obey.


God thank you for this day.  Bring any discipline needed in my life so I may grow closer to You and posses the skills I need to be the strongest Christian I can for You.  I am here for You.  I know You will not give up on me and You love me unconditionally.  Thank you.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment