Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Plate Runneth Over

I wake up with my list of what I want to accomplish today.  The amount of time needed always exceeds the hours in one day.  So, the smart thing would be to delegate jobs to my family members, friends and others.  Seriously?  I am a woman and my way is the best way to get the job done, right?

WRONG!  God created all His Children with different gifts and talents.  The only perfect person is Jesus.  We need others here to accomplish life daily.  When we fill our plate too full, we miss out on the opportunity to serve God 100%.  The gifts from Him are given for us to use in accomplishing His Plan for us.  We are all one body in Christ, yet many parts.

"For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.  We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith;  if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach;  if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.  (Romans 12:4-8)

Allow others to use their gifts and talents.  Delegate tasks and you will be surprised of the outcome.  God will use us in ways we never imagined because we  continue stretching ourselves too thin.  May God make you aware of your specific gifts.  A heavy burdened is lifted when realizing we do not need to do it all.  Each member of Christ serves a purpose just as each member of our physical body (see 1 Corinthians 12:12-26).

God thank you for today.  Help me to clean up my plate so it is not overflowing.  May I see that others are capable of accomplishing what needs to be done.  Other's ideas may bring a more successful outcome than me trying to fit it all in and completing with only 50% effort.  Thank you for all the people you surround me with daily.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment