Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Brooklyn

Three years ago I experienced the worst kind of pain BUT received one of my most precious blessings.  I gave birth to Brooklyn and my life forever changed.  The moment I found out I was pregnant with a girl is the moment I doubted my ability as a mom.  Instantly I felt concern for the choices my daughter may make and the trials she may face.  Would she travel the same roads I did in life?  Would some boy tell her lies to get what immature boys want?  Will she be sad and feel unworthy if not asked to the prom?  Will she hurt in any way?

Now I see that she is in God's Hands.  I am only a vessel He uses to guide my beautiful daughter through life.  Yes, she will face trials.  Yes, she will be rejected by a boy or two.  Yes, she may sit at lunch by herself from time to time.  BUT, I pray her spirit is fed daily by my husband and I so when those hardships come, she leans on God for strength and comfort.  Her Father up above loves her and sees her as beautiful.  May she see herself always as God sees her.

Experiencing the joys of a daughter and focusing on raising her 'right' has been my biggest inspiration to get well.  She is a mirror image of me in her actions (except for the attitude).  So, I must display a strong, healthy, loving, Christian woman.  God must be first in our lives.  I must show her unconditional love.  Though she may weigh on my patience throughout the day, I still love her and remind her of that always.  God's mercies are new every morning, as are a mother's. 

Brooklyn thank you for your love and all the laughter you bring to our home.  Your smile lights up my life.  Your hugs, kisses, and 'knuckles' complete my day.  Your soft words, "my mommy is my best friend (BFF)" bring joy I never knew I could experience.  I love you my sweet child.

God thank you for blessing me with both my children.  I see You must trust me to raise them with You as the center of life.  May all the words I say be pleasing and build my son and daughter up to further Your Kingdom.  Today I celebrate the day Brooklyn was given to me, a gift from You.  My love for my children is a love I never knew existed.  Thank You for allowing me this pleasure.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig 

No comments:

Post a Comment