Friday, March 18, 2011

Bring It On Satan

So, I roll over this morning to look at the clock (not the first time this morning) and see it is time to rise.  It feels as though I just laid down.  My youngest 'little blessing from God' slept erratically for the fifth night in a row.  Therefore, mommy does not sleep either.  I feel drained and a day at the spa sounds wonderful.  I would sleep, receive a massage and return rejuvenated for my family.  NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Life must continue as I say, "This too shall pass."  I know a place satan can get me is when I lack sleep.  So, I must be extra careful and ask God to be my strength.  I ask for extra protection as I put on my spiritual armor this morning (see Ephesians 6:13-17) for the devil will be throwing many fiery darts my way.  Bring it on satan, God has my back!

Our physically exhaustion could lead to a road of spiritual weakness and lethargy.  Be cautious as to not allow the devil a foothold when physical weakness strikes.  Physical weakness must not bring spiritual weakness.  Take heart knowing God is our strength!  He knows we grow tired and weary.  Keep strong and know He is there to help at all times and in all things.  He does not lose strength.

Do you not know?
   Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
   the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
   and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
   and increases the power of the weak.
 Even youths grow tired and weary,
   and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint.  (Isaiah 40:28-31)

God thank you for today, thank you for every breath I take.  You know I am tired and weary.  Bring Your strength in me to follow Your Will for me today.  May I continue on the straight path and not drift due to exhaustion.  May I still be ready with scripture and equipped to replace any lies the devil may bring in my mind today.  Let us enjoy this day.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment