Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Really? You Trust Me With This One

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"  This question is asked to younger children all around the world.  I try to recall what I answered years ago.  I remember wanting to marry my first 'boyfriend' (in third grade) and having 6 children.  Thank you God for not allowing this one to happen. 

Fast forward a bit to 15 years old.  If asked, "Where do you see yourself in 10-15 years?"  I no my answer WOULD NOT have been experiencing an eating disorder, dropping to the lowest point in my life and making terrible decisions for myself.  Thank you God for being so forgiving and bringing blessings in my life despite all my faults.  Our God is Awesome!!!

Okay, so the past 13 years, I have not received anything above an Associates Degree in college, I have not gained much wealth, I have not started a business and I have not been honored in this world by this world's standards.  I have done so much more.  I followed my heart, I married my best friend and a mother.  Most important of all, I accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior and God is at my side daily.  I experience the best teachings daily, God's Truths.  This may not bring me a graduation ceremony or a piece of paper to frame and hang on my wall, but it gives me the greatest gift of all - SALVATION.  It provides a 'career' in furthering His Kingdom.  The only thing required on my resume is Belief, Repentence, Confession and Baptism.  God hires all who accept these four simple things.

I now see the why in all my trials and struggles over the years.  Through these, I grew and placed all those hurts in my mind to not forget the faith it took to get through and heal from them.  Each experience is a testimony of God's Grace and Love.  He carried me and comforted me through it all so that I may empower and encourage those around me to trust in Him.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)

I sometimes look to God and say, "You sure You trust me with this one"?  More often than not, the situation involves my children.  I made no good decisions for myself growing up, how am I to make the right ones for these two beautiful children God trusts me with?  The cool thing is, I am not making the decisions for them, God is.  I am only a vessel for God to use to keep these children safe and feed their spirits daily with His Word.  God keeps all of His Children in His Hands.  I need only to pray for them.  Now, I am not saying this is easy.  Especially, when my three year old wakes up countless times throughout the night for me to come and find her tag on her blanket so she can hold it in one hand and suck her opposite thumb.  At those times, it is hard to feel the strength and motivation to accomplish this great task God lays before me.  He always makes it work.

God thank you for every blessing you trust me with.  I am here for You.  I pray for the words to use today to encourage and empower all of Your Children I see.  Help me see that I am not the one accomplishing tasks and building a kingdom, it is You working through me and it is Your Kingdom I must do work for daily.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig   

No comments:

Post a Comment