Friday, March 25, 2011

Where Are Your Eyes Looking?

Scene:  Class Reunion coming in two weeks.
          "What will I wear?  Oh no, I need to go on a diet now.  I wonder what 'Sally' is doing nowadays?  I am not going to tell anyone where I work.  I know, I will tell them I am going to nursing school." 

Scene:  The night of Class Reunion.
          "Wow, this outfit looks hideous, but so did the other 6 I tried on.  Great, it is that time of the month and I am supposed to feel beautiful?  I am not going to allow 'Sally' to see me like this, she will continue to see me as a dork and unworthy of her friendship."

 for they loved human praise more than praise from God.  (John 12:43)

 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.  (John 12:46)

Why do we allow satan to dominate our thoughts?  Well, it is because we are weak and satan knows where to take with.  Our self-confidence is lacking especially when circumstances allow others opportunity to see or 'judge' us.  Only one true judge exists and His love is unconditional.  He sees you as beautiful at ALL times.  He made you with such thought and love.  

Through the love of God we receive strength.  Strive everyday to walk in God-Confidence, not self-confidence.  God-Confidence looks upward, keeping our eyes in the right place.  If we walk in God-Confidence, all things are possible and each step guides us in the right direction, down the straight path.  If we walk in self-confidence, we receive constant berating from satan, miss out on God's Plan and remain miserable.  

Who do you want to win the approval of today?  God or men?  (see Galatians 1:10)

God thank you for today, for every breath I take and every move I make.  May I be reminded every minute of Your love for me so I may walk with God-Confidence.  I am here for You and I know You have great plans for me.  May I not get in the way of Your great works.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig 

No comments:

Post a Comment