Thursday, March 17, 2011

Put Away the Wrestling Gear

As a mother, my resume seems to continually grow with each day that passes.  After the events last night my experience as a referee strengthened and I now have wrestler on the list.  My children seem to have just the right actions and words to push buttons.  I never realized this role would be so hard.  Yet, I can take away all their fun as a punishment, or make them sit in 'time out', and a few minutes later the kids are ready to play with me again.  The children hold no resentment and forgive instantly.  I know this will not last as they grow older.  For as we live in this world, our hearts become hardened resulting in unforgiveness.

As Christians, we must live IN this world but not OF this world.  Once we become of this world, we forget the teachings from God.  He places all His teachings in the Bible.  Our instructions can easily be found in the Bible.  We must study it day and night.  Keep yourselves in The Word.

"Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.  Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”   (Joshua 1:8-9)

God is with us wherever we go.  I feel a peace as I read this verse.  God forgives us instantly and holds no resentment just as my children.  We must be childlike in this manner and forgive others, ourselves and even forgive God.  We may want to blame God for our hardships here in this broken world.  He uses trials to discipline and grow our faith, not to harm or bring anger.  The same way I held and sat with my daughter in 'time out', God disciplines us by withholding blessings until we may be trusted or by bringing us through hardships in this world.  Take heart knowing He has overcome the world (see John 16:33)!  We need not wrestle with God as my daughter did with me during 'time out'.  If we just go through the discipline and trust God, the length of the trial is shorter.  If my daughter would have sat still and accepted the discipline, she would have been up and playing much sooner. 

God thank you for this day.  May my eyes open to the unforgiveness and resentment in my heart which I must clean out.  I know a peace will come when You have a clean, loving heart to work with and not an unloving, unforgiving heart.  May I learn from my children and know any trials You bring my way are there to discipline me and strengthen my faith.  May my children see You as a loving, forgiving God so they may continue to be like You and not live OF this world.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment