Friday, March 11, 2011

A New Pair of Eyes

I am a stay at home mom for the most part, so I spend lots of time with my two (going on twenty) year old daughter.  She often comes to me and says, "Mommy, I love you, we are best friends."  All the while, I am in my unmatched pajamas, shuffled hair and no makeup.  She loves me anyway and sees me as beautiful.  She often puts two pairs of sunglasses on in the car and looks in the mirror laughing.  She sees herself as too cute and of course, so do I. 

To look at my two year old, you would think she has a lot to learn.  But, really she has more wisdom than most of the population.  She sees as God sees.

"But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”  (1 Samuel 16:7)

Too often we go about our day with blinders on (our own eyes).  We look in the mirror and begin to spat critical, harsh words at ourselves so as to tear us down and leave the house feeling unworthy.  These are satan's lies.  God's Truths must come in to kill and defeat satan's lies.  As we go on our path for the day, we see others through those same blinders and judge one person after another OR we feel so much lower than another because we are not seeing past the skin. 

"Do not compare the outside of another to the inside of yourself."  Love one another as God loves us.  We are all His Children and were made for a specific reason.  God makes NO junk.  We insult our Maker if we criticize ourselves and others.  Turn the criticism in to praise.  Before you leave, look in the mirror and praise God for just one feature of yours.  Then leave the house and see others as God sees them.  Pray for a new pair of eyes.  God looks at the heart, not the outward appearance.  If you change your heart to follow God, you will radiate with beauty.

God thank you for this day, for the opportunity to go and be in this world.  Bless my words that they may build and lift others, not tear them down.  May my eyes see as You see.  Use me to show others the love You have for them.  Continue to replace all the lies satan puts inside me with Your Truth.  Thank you for every part of my body, every aspect of my character and the chance to live for You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment