Saturday, March 12, 2011

Who Has Your Keys?

In seeing the latest tragedy occurring in Japan, my heart breaks for all the individuals involved.  The residents had no idea anything like this would be coming to their homes.  No idea that when they woke up that morning, mother nature changed their lives and took many lives as well. 

I take this tragedy even further and see that NONE of us know when our last breath may occur.  Only God knows when we will go home.  We need to take this and really evaluate how our every day is lived.  Are we living for God or are we living for 'man'?

Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.  (Galatians 1:10)

If we continually serve 'man' and forget what God is pulling on our hearts to do or refuse to take the steps in faith needed to further His Kingdom, we are living useless lives.  God is our driver in life.  Give Him the keys and enjoy the ride.  He is the best driver through any storm, darkness, rough terrain or during the brightest days.  His path is our purpose in life. 

I lived too many years going down any path I found to please the closest people in my life at the time.  I was driving all over the place with no real direction, no plan, no purpose.  I drove where 'man' thought I should drive.  I was useless to God and had no faith in the directions He wanted me to go.  I thought I was in control.  Really, I was out of control, in bondage to sin.  He has my keys now and I am so enjoying this ride.  The scenery is fabulous, the pit stops are fulfilling and the bumps in the road bring much growth. 

Set yourselves free today and take the path for God.  Take those steps in faith and He will continually bless you.  It may be scary stepping into the unknown, but He will not take you anywhere you cannot handle with His strength.  The power behind you is way more powerful than anything in front of you.

God thank you for this day.  Be with all individuals experiencing the tsunami.  Bring peace in their heart and show them where they need to go next.  Love on them and take them in Your hands.  May every step I take be made with Your guidance.  Use my hands and feet to further Your Kingdom today.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment