Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Just go with it

My husband cannot handle surprises.  I enjoy surprising others with something to show the love I feel for them.  So, if you can imagine, these particular traits do not go well together in our marriage.  My husband will nag, pry, ask way too many questions and persevere until he discovers what plans I have for him. 

I tell him to just go with it and wait for the wonderful things to come.  Well, he does not settle for that response.  As he continues to ask, I tell him to be patient, wait for answers to all your questions.  He cannot just chill and wait quietly.  A few questions I can answer immediately with a yes!  Some questions I can answer at a later time!  And to some of his suggestions, I say that something better waits.


"LORD, I wait for you;
   you will answer, Lord my God." (Psalm 38:15)

"Hear my cry for help,
   my King and my God,
   for to you I pray.
 In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice;
   in the morning I lay my requests before you
   and wait expectantly." (Psalm 5:2-3) 

Well, my friends, we can be just like my husband when it comes to our prayers.  The unknown brings anxiety, waiting patiently does not exist in today's society and WE think we know what is best for ourselves.  God holds many surprises for our lives.  Yet, we tend to nag, pry, ask way too many questions and try to figure out the plans He holds for that season in our life.

God plans good things in the lives of His followers.  He waits for just the perfect time (His time) to send prosperity and delegate the plans for that particular season in your life.  His law is perfect, His commands given in love.  He sees the whole picture and only He knows what is best for you.

Send your requests, concerns and thoughts to God.  Then, just go with what He gives as an answer and wait patiently for the wonderful things to come.  A few prayers He answers immediately with a yes!  Some will require a waiting period until answered with a yes!  And still others will receive a much better answer than expected.  Remember, He always comes through with the right answer.  He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. 

Resist an impatient spirit.  Lift up prayers and then resist the temptation to ask how or when.  He will take care of you.  Have faith that He will answer.  Praise Him for the answers received!

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for listening to my prayers and answering in Your timing.  I can be impatient on many occasions and for that I am sorry.  Help me remember that You know what is best.  My prayers are in good hands when I lift them to You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment