Sunday, December 18, 2011

His Works are Wonderful

I watched a movie recently with my family and observed a few disturbing facts.  I am not a person to just watch a movie.  I analyze the movie and often empathize with the characters to the point of crying from time to time.  My thoughts travel much deeper than the intended storyline. 

During this particular movie I noticed a few times when a woman/girl based her joy on the opinion of another (in these cases, men/boys).  The first occurred with a young girl desiring an invitation to the school "Snowball" dance.  She had a guy in mind and waited for his call.  Unfortunately, word got to him (from several of her friends) that she yearned for him to call and extend the invite.  This news brought tears to her eyes and a pathetic feeling in her heart.  She did not want him pressured to ask; she wanted to be chosen without influence from others.  She wanted to be loved.  Her spirit was crushed because one guy did not choose her as a date. 

Then, another occurred with the same girl.  She did get asked to the dance.  Her dad took her to buy a dress.  This event took hours upon hours.  You may not realize it, but the mirrors in dressing rooms can be used by Satan to destroy a person's thoughts.  Well, the young girl allowed this mirror to find fault in the image seen with numerous dresses.  Finally, her dad and brother asked her to allow them to see her in whatever dress she had on at the moment.  Her brother commented, "You look like an angel" and her dad, "You are beautiful."  She shrugged both comments off and did not believe.  Her spirit was crushed already because Satan lied to her for the past hours.

The final one occurred with another woman.  She dressed up for a company event and fixed her hair nicely.  Upon arrival, she reported to her boss and began running the status of the evening by him.  Her position required her to answer to him and do whatever he asked.  After the boss was up to date with the evening, he quickly told her she looked pretty (in a passing breath).  The look on her face revealed shock.  It seemed as though she never heard those words.  She stood for a minute in complete disbelief, but then walked proudly away.  Until that comment, she did not think beauty and her name could exist in the same sentence.  Her spirit had always been crushed because no one ever took the time to tell her she was beautiful.

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be." (Psalm 139:14-16)

"For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,  because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer." (1 Timothy 4:4-5)

In the movie, a joyful spirit relied on acceptance, a visual image and an opinion from another.  Meditate on the next three sentences.  God touched your every fiber with His fingers as He created you.  He created you with a plan and purpose in mind.  Everything God creates is GOOD and ACCEPTED!

My dear friends, take a stand against the lies of Satan, the opinions of others, the mirror and the disappointments in this world.  God accepts you.  He loves every piece of your being.  He created you from His image and sees no flaws.  Nothing created by Him is to be thrown out or belittled.  Believe the Truth, found only in Scripture.  Your definition, the meaning of your existence only exists in the Bible.  The world and Satan feed lies to you.  Seek God for counsel and Truth.  You are beautiful.  He makes no junk!

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for loving me and presenting Truth to me each day.  Thank You for Your Word so I may know who I am in You.  I will work every day to combat any lies coming in my thoughts with the Truth you offer.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig      

No comments:

Post a Comment