Friday, December 30, 2011

Already Won

My daughter and I went on a mini-vacation and arrived home late in the evening.  Exhaustion had set in, unpacking necessary and laundry lay ahead!  I did not even want to think about all the work.

Two boys stayed home while we girls went away.  I remained unsure of the status of my house and a part of me did not even want to think about it either.  Company was coming in a few days and I knew my "to do" list for cleaning was long.  The bathrooms needed cleaning (including the shower), floors mopped, dishes done, menu planned, playroom picked up (that is at least an hour in and of itself), dusting of furniture, clean beds, etc.  The list is endless!

Oh, yeah, not to mention carrying in all our luggage and junk accumulated while on vacation.  Before I even turned into our road, my thoughts overwhelmed my whole mind.  I wanted to turn around and go back to our vacation spot (my mom's). 

I pulled the van into the driveway, backing up to the house to make unloading easier.  Before I shifted the gear in park, my knight in shining armor ran down the steps of our deck to carry in heavy luggage.  I unbuckled my daughter and he already completed over half the work.  I think I carried in one load.  Then, I walk into a sparkling clean home.  No dishes appeared, the floors shined, not a speck of dust on furniture, bathrooms AND showers scrubbed and he began taking my dirty laundry and loading it in the washer.  I unpacked and then was led by the two boys to see other projects.  The playroom, not only was picked up, but totally reorganized to look spectacular!  My son's room received the same reorganization. 

What a relief I felt to know my housecleaning battle was already won!!!

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

"Evening, morning and noon
   I cry out in distress,
   and he hears my voice.
He rescues me unharmed
   from the battle waged against me,
   even though many oppose me." (Psalm 55:17-18) 

 
Your morning may come with a huge list of tasks, troubles of all kinds, the unknown, a heavy heart, etc.; but, guess what?  Your Savior came to this Earth, died and washed it all away for you.  He took every burden that was, is and yet to come up with Him.  The daily battle has already been won.  Give it all to Him.

He will rescue you as you cry to Him.  An overwhelming peace enters your every moment when your entire being surrenders to Him.  You will see, upon entering the battlefield, He already came and took care of it all for you.  Rid yourself of anxiety, distress and worry.  He has got your back.

We are guaranteed trouble in this world.  The Earth and all the people in it are broken, sinning and falling short of His Glory each day.  But, know in your heart that He will take care of you, believe He will lead you in this life to Eternity in Heaven and trust in His ways.  He knows your heart and sees your obedience.  His mercies renew each morning and forgiveness remains.  He overcame this world and sits with open arms, waiting for you to believe in Him and follow His example. 

What a relief to know that our battle here on Earth is already won!!! 

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for taking all my burdens and leading me through any trials.  Teach me Your ways and show me how to become more like You daily.  Thank You for saving me, loving me so much to give Your only Son to die for little 'ole me, a sinner.  I trust in You and I give my day, my whole being to You.  Use this child to further Your Kingdom.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment