Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Complete Package

As I prepare for a big exam, I sit comfortably in my bed next to my husband as he flips through some of my favorite channels on TV.  I read one flash card and look up for a while to watch the screen.  I attempt to read a few more flash cards and then begin to think about all the tasks I have on my 'to do' list tomorrow.  I peered at another set of flash cards and my daughter comes from her bedroom, which she should be fast asleep in her bed, for one more hug and kiss.  How do you think the exam went the next day?

My son sits down to play with his new building toys and wants to mimic a creation on the box.  We begin to put the pieces together as shown on the box.  The little creation develops quite nicely.  Then, we run into a big road block.  My son forgot some of the most important pieces at his nana's house the night before.  How do you think the creation turned out?

The two instances above were totally true; but, now I will throw in a hypothetical situation.  My husband purchased a new gadget for our home.  I open it up and attempt to put it together while he is at work.  I pull out all the pieces and began attaching them as I see fit.  The instruction manual lies right next to my foot.  I think about skimming through it and even view the finished picture on the front to have an idea of what goal I am working towards; but, I dare not read the words between the pages.  I don't need those instructions.  I have seen this product before at my friend's house.  How do you think the new gadget worked?

*Side Note:  Although I said the last example was hypothetical; I so have done that before.  Instruction manuals are merely suggestions, right?*

"These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation.  I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!  So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth." (Revelation 3:14-16)

"Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." (James 1:4)

"Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers,
   and blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD." (Proverbs 16:20)

To truly follow God we must give him full attention.  Lukewarm faith cannot exist.  Our hearts should blaze for Him.  He is jealous for our attention.  If anything tries to place a distance between you and God, rid yourself of that very thing.  Giving Him 100% attention strengthens our walk and helps gain the knowledge needed to stand the test of faith.  Study His Truth with clear minds.  Meditate on His Word daily.

The more you study His Word, the better equipped you become to build His Kingdom.  He provides all the tools and pieces needed to complete the work specifically given to you.  Evaluate your life each day and confirm that you lack nothing.  Align all the pieces just right and do not forget a one.  Listen to Him so He may complete the creation He began in you.

We also need to heed instruction.  My stubborn mind gets me in lots of trouble.  I think I do not need advice of instruction.  WRONG!  We must seek Him for guidance, education and discipline.  He is our Creator and He put together an Instruction Manual just for us.  Read it carefully so you do not miss anything and you successfully work for Him.  Do not skim or just read the ending. 

These three pieces help build a complete package.  Engage in a relationship with our Father with 100% attention, use every tool He provides and obey His commands.  He created you with a purpose; to follow Him and further His Kingdom.  Will you choose to follow Him today?

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for being a part of my life, for loving me enough to discipline and stretch me spiritually, for guiding me with each step and for forgiving me when I screw up.  Thank You for the chance to start again as Your child.  Teach me Your ways and speak Truth into my life.  I am here; use me every day.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig
  

No comments:

Post a Comment