Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Enough is Enough

My dad recently moved closer to me.  Before, he lived about four hours away with little communication between us.  The day he moved closer, I realized a conversation must occur to improve our relationship.  We talked and decided it was time to place all hurt behind us, forgive one another and throw away our resentment boxes.  We allowed our past to fog our thoughts and prevent any kind of relationship between us.  Enough is enough!  The past is pardoned. 

Since living closer, my dad and I grew to love, enjoy and help one another.  He listens, encourages, comforts, leads, loves, helps and has fun.  Several times I look up to God and thank Him for consuming this relationship and growing it to where He planned in the beginning.  Somehow, my dad and I got off track and began running in different directions; focusing only on negative.  Now, we love the way God intends and focus only on positive. 

I watch him with my children and my heart fills with gladness to see my children love their Pawpaw.  I sit and play a game with him and my eyes begin to tear because I am enjoying my time with my dad.  In the past, I yearned for this, but never received it.  I call him one day to come and help me pick up a new dresser.  He comes without hesitation.  With each moment, our relationship grows stronger. 

As I drove back to work one day from lunch, I look over and see a little black truck with a dog in the bed and a handsome man driving.  Yes, that is my dad.  I am so proud to say that now and just thank God for him.  I am comforted to know my dad is so near now, in distance and in relationship. 

"The LORD is righteous in all his ways
   and faithful in all he does.
The LORD is near to all who call on him,
   to all who call on him in truth.
He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
   he hears their cry and saves them." (Psalm 145:17-19)

Because of our past, my father and I suffered in relationship.  In the same way, we may think because of our past, the relationship with our Father suffers.  We may feel distant from our Father and fail to communicate with Him.  We may think it has been way too long to even try to build a relationship or He would never forgive past actions.  We may feel the last church we attended did not fulfill our needs or the people there hurt us.  A resentment box towards any church may have been built and therefore, we refuse to try and build a relationship with our Father.  Well, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!  All that is in the past and your past is pardoned.

Your Father wants a relationship with you.  The relationship may have begun on the wrong track or you may have strayed.  But, He waits with open arms for those who cry out to Him.  Sit down, hold a conversation with Him and ask Him into your life.  He will fill your heart with gladness, your days with joy and come to help you without hesitation.  In every moment spent with Him, the relationship grows stronger. 

Be proud to say that you have a Father who never leaves nor forsakes.  He is faithful in all He does.  He is near always.  Come to Him with an open heart and lay it all down at the cross.  Begin today and build a relationship with your Father. 

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for accepting me always and loving me though I fall short of Your glory each day.  Thank You for teaching me and leading me in the way I should go.  Thank You for binding my relationship with my earthly father as well as with You, my Heavenly Father.  I am Your child and I am here for You.  Use me in any way to spread Your Truth and help others grow closer to You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment