Monday, December 12, 2011

Give Him Your Heart, Mind and Soul

I begin talking to my husband about my day and ask a few questions.  No response.  Football blairs from the TV.  He does not listen.
All I wanted to do was talk and spend some time with my loved one.

I tell my son to come help me finish supper and set the table with silverware and napkins.  He plays intensely at his Lego table is in the middle of building a huge castle.  He is not coming to help.
All I wanted was some companionship and help with my work.

I ask my daughter to go sit by the door so I can put her shoes on for her to go outside.  She refuses my help and claims she can do this on her own.
All I wanted to do was teach, lead and help.

I have been sick for days without any hope of healing.  My doctor knocks at the door with a cure in hand.  I don't even look out the window or think about answering.  It is useless, I am beyond help. 
All my doctor wanted was to heal.

"Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.  These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts." (Deuteronomy 6:5-6)

God begins talking to you and asking you some questions about how you are leading your life.  He asks you to join Him on Sunday and attend church.  He asks you to read with Him about Truth and learn more about who Created you.  Well, Sunday is your only day to rest, a big football game is on TV and you really do not like to read.
All He wanted was to talk and spend some time with His loved one.

The church holds a food and coat drive and then goes to distribute these items to the less fortunate.  God tells you to join them in this work to further His Kingdom.  You are in the middle of finishing the basement on your brand new home and the work is intense.
All He wanted was some companionship and help with His work.

When trouble times come your way, pride comes in the way of asking for help.  You can do this and no one needs to show you how to fix the problem.  There is no way you will ask for assistance.  God stands right there with an open hand to offer peace, comfort and solutions.  He knows which way to go and what it takes to get you through.  You refuse the offer.
All He wanted was to help, teach and lead.

Sickness comes, addiction consumes your life, the doctor found cancer or life just feels too tough to handle.  God knocks at the door, waiting to cure your troubles, ailments and bondage.  He offers the perfect antidote in a nicely printed form - the Bible.  Will you answer the door?  Will you accept His Word to begin healing, coping and finding comfort?
All He wants is to heal.

It hurts when others ignore us, refuse to spend time with us or deny help.  Our hearts break as we watch a loved one suffer or allow pride to rule their lives.  We may feel rejected or worthless when loved ones choose another person or thing to occupy their time.  All we want is attention, time and love.

God feels the same every time we refuse to listen, call upon someone else or ignore His commands.  He just wants our attention, time and love.  He yearns for your trust and faith in Him.  He wants a relationship with you.  He gave His only Son to die for us and display His love to us.  Can we not give back by loving Him wholeheartedly and gaining a relationship with the One who sacrificed everything for us to live and breathe each day?  What takes your attention away from God?  Rid yourselves of any distraction, any device, any work and all pride that keeps a wedge between you and God. 

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for loving me so much and desiring a relationship with me.  Please show me any distraction or thing in my life that keeps me from You.  I want to cling to You in every move I make.  Thank You for listening to me, teaching me, being my Father and bringing healing to my life.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment