Saturday, December 10, 2011

Angels Come in Many Forms

I will not forget my first and third grade teacher (same one both years) who showed me more than just how to add 2+2.  She taught me how to care, to be kind and to be a friend.  She extended a hand of friendship to me when I knew no one else and did not know how to meet others. 

I will not forget the first little girl who came up to me and asked if I would like to be her friend.  The teacher above led us to each other.  It was overwhelming moving to a new town and beginning a new school with unknown faces.  She did not ignore me or oust me because I was the new girl.  She became more than just a fellow student.

I will not forget my basketball coach who taught me more than just how to shoot a foul shot.  He cared about my life and provided an ear when I needed to talk.  He would crank up the radio to the silliest of songs that my teammates and I brought along for the trip to our game.  He displayed a great example of good morals.  He did not criticize or berate us when we lost.  He taught and guided us to learn from the mistakes made.

I will not forget the man who led my college Bible study.  He provided a living room, warm food, Truth to give some hope and invited me to his church.  He gave me material to read to help me gain a few steps out of my pit.  He cared when I felt I had no one.  God shined through this man to spread comfort and love.

People in our lives create a lasting impression and we must remember the good things learned from each experience.  God places leaders in our lives to help us through every season.  We must keep our eyes open to the ones He does send.

"Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.  Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." (Hebrews 13:7-8)

"For he will command his angels concerning you
   to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands,
   so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." (Psalm 91:11-12)

Angels come in many forms.  God has provided more than I can list for me through every rough time, painful season and destructive trial in my life.  God uses others as vessels to guide you and love you.  Reach up to Him and He will lead you to His children.  His word remains the same today, tomorrow and forever.  There is a consistency which should run through all of us by following the Truth found in His Word.  Seek leaders to learn how to carry out His Word.  Trust in Him to provide angels to watch over you.  He will protect you and work through those with 'skin on'.

I will not forget the many who fed me with Truth when I knew nothing but bondage.  I did not realize another option existed in life other than comfort through anorexia, alcohol, drugs or cigarettes.  I felt I must strive for perfection always.  I ran when trouble or trial appeared.  But, thanks to all the angels God sent, I now see Him.  I know His Truth.  I do not run and hide from trial or trouble; but, I remember the Truth shared and the example set by the loving angels in my life.  I am comforted by reaching up and crying out to Him.  The only way to get through is with the strength He provides.  Trials are tough, but He is greater than anything this world may bring.

Some of my angels, I do not see in my every day life anymore; but, I have not forgotten them.  They have moved forward to touch other's lives.  God found a need for them to help another.  I can imitate what I learned from my angels and spread Truth to the ones I see in need.  God directs my path and always reminds me to provide comfort to those starving spiritually as He comforted me.

Remember your angels today and thank God for each one!

God, I thank you for this day.  I thank You for placing people in my life to keep me focused on You and to fill me with Truth when I feel empty.  Thank You for watching over me, loving me, comforting me and answering prayers through Your children.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

      

No comments:

Post a Comment