Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Filling a Love Jar

Looking back on all the gifts I received this Christmas, I feel so loved.  The gifts were not purchased last minute or just to have something to wrap and give.  No, each gift came with thought.  The person chose an item that coincides with my desires and passions. 

The thought and time was gift in and of itself for me.  I smile knowing someone cared enough for me to give me an item that was exactly what I would choose. 

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.  Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves." (Romans 12:9-10)

"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.  Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." (1 John 4:7-8)

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:34-35)

My friends, we are to love one another just as God loves us daily.  He sets the example to follow.  The love received from Him is indescribable; yet, we should strive towards this with everyone we meet.  Place yourself in His arms and allow Him to use you to shine love. 

He knows everything about you; therefore He can provide the most perfect love.  Take time to get to know another person and engage in conversation to learn what they like.  It is then that you can spread love as God planned.  You focus on the interest of the other and can fill their heart with love.  Some desire time, acts of service, affection, thoughtful gifts, focused attention, etc.  Each person possesses a different love language.  Avoid filling your own love jar and begin filling another's.  Learn their love language.

This person can be a friend, co-worker, spouse, child or family member.  Whoever comes into your path comes because God desires you to spread love.  Seek Him for the ways to do so.  The best way to learn about love is from the One who is love!

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for sending others to love me and show compassion towards me.  Show me how I can love all I meet.  I am here to shine Your light of love to all placed in my path.  I desire to bring a smile to another's face.  Use me.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment