Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Cord of Three Strands

Insecure thoughts flooded my past couple weeks.  Every time I turned around, one spoke so loudly at me.  These lies brought unnecessary anxiety in my life.  The battles in my mind became exhausting.  By the end of the day, I felt defeated.  But my King came to the rescue.  Throwing my hands up and focusing my eyes on Him brought peace.  Once I asked, He fought the fight for me.  My sword of the Spirit (His Truth) prevailed.

I am beginning to see my number must be three.  God seems to speak clearly to me an answer or message three times before it clicks in my mind.  He will place a Scripture in my life three times in one day.  He will use three clear instances to combat a lie that slipped in passed my shield of faith.  He realizes I am a slow learner, therefore provides multiple illustrations for my mind to wrap around the Truth.  Thanks God for loving me so much to not give up on me the first time!

"Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
   But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered,
   two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
(Ecclesiastes 4:11-12)

. . ."Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s." (2 Chronicles 20:15)

"They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the LORD." (Jeremiah 1:19)

Yesterday I finally realized the battle going on inside my mind.  Satan played around too long.  It was time to shut down his playground.  God spoke gently to me three times from beginning to end yesterday.  He painted me a beautiful sunrise in the morning and kept the sun shining on the river for my enjoyment.  His splendid canvas brought the first sign of His presence.  Next, He brought a phone call from my brother about mid-afternoon.  Hearing my brother's voice and the great things going on in his life brought joy to my heart.  It was also his birthday and I was excited to hear that his girls were creating a wonderful celebration for the evening.  Knowing his wife and kids take good care of him brings peace in my mind (he lives at a distance from me).  Lastly, God used my husband to speak truth into my soul before resting my head to sleep.  Our conversation brought a closer bond and built trust between us.  My husband's words topped off the day with my THIRD message!

God built me a cord, one truth at a time, so I may climb to safety out of the pit I stumbled upon.  My cord consisted of three powerful messages directly from Him.  His painting brought hope to begin the weaving of the cord, then the peaceful voice of my brother and ending with comfort from my husband.  He provided the three components I needed to come out of darkness;  hope, peace and comfort.  

Listen closely so He may rescue you from any darkness luring over your life.  Build your cord with His Truth so to pull yourself up out of the pits Satan places in the way.  Let God fight for you.  The battle is His, not yours.  Reach up!  He waits with open arms to embrace you and bring light into your life again, to guide you to His path.

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for rescuing me.  Keep my eyes focused on You.  Use me to comfort others with the same comfort You provided for me.  Thanks for fulfilling all Your promises.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig 

No comments:

Post a Comment