Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Listen, Obey and Go!

So, say you stay in first grade for a few years, then move to second for a few more and end in third grade.  You really feel comfortable in third grade and decide to just hang there for the rest of your schooling career.  Would you learn anything new?  Would you ever receive a diploma?  Could you move on with your skills to obtain a career, have a family, buy a house or receive your license?

No!  Without advancing in school, your mind never grows and your knowledge becomes stagnate.  Yes you may feel comfortable and can ace every test given, but do you really want to limit yourself.  The possibilities are endless if only you will step into the unknown which lay in the next grade level.  With each year that passes, your abilities and wisdom open up more doors and take you places you never imagined.

"Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God," (Hebrews 6:1)

"Listen, my sons, to a father’s instruction;
   pay attention and gain understanding.  I give you sound learning,
   so do not forsake my teaching." (Proverbs 4:1-2)

Just as we advance in grade level to learn more each year, God yearns for us to advance in faith to learn more and grow closer to Him.  With each lesson received, God sends us further in our journey to spread this lesson to those placed in our path.  God opens doors with each step in obedience and stretches our faith a little more.  We can not imagine the places He will lead, we need only obey and soak in His Word.

Yes, our current position may be comfortable and we feel just right in our schedule, but God does not want to keep you there.  He advances you as you listen and obey.  As you learn more about His character, He will reveal the gifts and talents given to you at creation. 

I am guilty of this very thing.  As I stepped in faith down the road of recovery from Anorexia, I became comfortable, even stagnate in faith.  I kept my learning honed in only on ways to break free from bondage or seeing myself the way God sees me.  Yes, I needed to grow strong in these teachings and really understand the lessons, but when I got them, God wanted me to move forward to others areas in my life which needed growth and healing.  He asked me to move and take the lessons already learned to help others in my path AND continue to grow in my faith. 

It is so easy to fall into the same old patterns.  I must keep focused to learn all about Him and His Promises for every area in my life.  Moving in His Timing allows for each of us to grow stronger and provide comfort for those around us with the comfort we received from Him.  He wants to touch every segment of your soul and will continue to teach until the day Jesus comes.  Let Him be your Teacher and take you places you never imagined.  Lift up your anxieties concerning the unknown, for He will provide strength and will not leave you alone.  Comfortable living, stagnate faith and living in our zone must be eliminated from our lives.  Listen, obey and go!

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for all the lessons.  Keep my mind, soul and body moving in Your direction.  Let me not grow weary, stagnate, complacent or fearful of growth.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment