Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Your Silversmith

The refinement of silver consists of purifying an impure material.  The final material does not change chemically in any way, only more pure.  In most cases, fire is the source used for refining.  The heat must remain at just the right temperature and for certain amounts of time or the silver ruins.

A silversmith sits on constant watch to avoid injury occurring to the silver.  Only the silversmith knows when the refining process reaches completion; when he can see clearly his image reflected.  No other person, not a timer on the furnace nor the silver itself can proclaim completion; only the silversmith, the creator of this fine silver.

"For you, God, tested us;
   you refined us like silver." (Psalm 66:10)

"For my own name’s sake I delay my wrath;
   for the sake of my praise I hold it back from you,
   so as not to destroy you completely.
See, I have refined you, though not as silver;
   I have tested you in the furnace of affliction." (Isaiah 48:9-10)

"He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Then the LORD will have men who will bring offerings in righteousness,  and the offerings of Judah and Jerusalem will be acceptable to the LORD, as in days gone by, as in former years." (Malachi 3:3-4)

At times we may see a trial as too great.  We may feel overwhelmed by the tasks lying before us.  Other times, pain strikes our lives and we question, "Why"?  You may feel innocent and undeserving of any trial, tribulation or challenge.

Remember, God does not allow more than you can handle.  He sits as a silversmith watching and waiting until His image reflects clearly.  He will NOT throw you in the fiery furnaces of life and abandon you.  He will NOT rescue too soon, leaving you unrefined.  He will NOT turn His back for even one second.

Various temperatures and times exist for each individual.  The furnace looks different for each one as well.  Only God knows where to place you for refining.  Only God knows when the process concludes. 

What are your fiery furnaces in life?

Embrace each one.  Do not be afraid, but be joyous with each trial.  Remember, the end result will be purification, increased faith, strength and the wisdom to go and help others.  Remain stable and allow God to work.  Reach to Him for answers and peace in the worst of trials.  He is right there at your side to carry to completion.  Then, you will become more Christ-like in your walk. 

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for my fiery furnaces I currently embrace.  Guide me and keep my eyes focused on You.  May I shout for joy as my purification progresses.  I know You sit and wait for just the right time to kill the fire and remove me from the furnace.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig 

No comments:

Post a Comment