Sunday, September 25, 2011

Emergency Prayer

Emergency rooms exist to provide immediate, rapid care to individuals with serious illness or injury.  Operation rooms accommodate those with open wounds, infection, etc.  Often times the OR situation results from an emergency as well.  Hospital admittance comes often to those with non-life threatening injuries or stable conditions and a continuous flow of antibiotics aides in healing.  Doctor's offices take in calls for a patient not feeling well or even just a check-up. 

Various kinds of physical healing takes place every minute.  Some require immediate care; while others can gradually receive care.  All injuries do require an individual with medical education, a degree or certificate.  Healing does not take place on its own.  We must reach for help.

"I call on you, my God, for you will answer me;
   turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.
Show me the wonders of your great love,
   you who save by your right hand
   those who take refuge in you from their foes." (Psalm 17:6-7)

"no harm will overtake you,
   no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you
   to guard you in all your ways;" (Psalm 91:10-11)
 

In life, God wants us to call for help.  Reach to a Higher Power to help in every situation.  Call upon God; He listens and responds.  Dial JER-33:3 and wait for Him.  Sometimes an immediate answer is needed.  Other times surgery to remove all infection and disease may be the answer.  Still other calls may simply need slow healing or watchful care.  And still others may just be a call to check in.  Regardless, call upon Him.

As I drove my van, lots of racket sounded from my front tire.  I feared my brakes were failing again.  This same noise appeared a few months back and the problem existed in my brake line.  Well, as the miles accumulated, my steering wheel and dash began vibrating loudly.  I asked my mom and step dad to pray for an answer or a safe trip to my destination.  I called my husband in frantic mode asking what to do.  I really did not feel comfortable driving any further.  Come to find out, my husband and son said a prayer immediately, calling out an SOS to God.

Well, God deemed this situation as an emergency and quickly responded.  My husband called back and asked if I would check the lug nuts and see if they were loose.  I searched for a torc wrench with no luck.  By now, my anxiety grew and panic set in even more.  My emotions fogged my thoughts to pray.  But, God heard so many others praying for the situation.  I parked the vehicle and went into a local store to ask for help.  A young boy came to the rescue.  Come to find out, the lug nuts were EXTREMELY loose and one had broken off.  I recently took the van to get an oil change and tires rotated.  Well, the lug nuts were not properly tightened on one tire. 

I went on my merry way without vibration and knocking.  My anxiety subsided and I seen God's hands all over the situation.  As I drove I looked over to my left and took in the sights of the sky.  The clouds covered, but the sun peeped out and created a beautiful span of rays coming down.  When I was little I always thought the rays seeping through meant that God was bringing someone to Heaven.  Well, last night I believe it meant God was bringing back the angel He sent to watch over me and guard my emergency.

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for quickly responding to a plea for help.  I am sorry for getting wrapped up in panic mode that I was unable to even ask for prayer.  Thank You for surrounding loving individuals to pray for me.  Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment