Tuesday, September 13, 2011

He Will Be There!

I want to extend yesterday's writing.  God knew that I needed to hear those words typed yesterday.  I went to complete my morning rituals and get ready to walk out the door and pain began to come in my stomach.  This pain is a 'norm' in my life, but yesterday the pain came a bit sharper than usual.  I began to get downhearted knowing I needed to go to work and face the stresses that come with my job.  This was not going to help my pain one bit.  To top it all off, I felt exhausted and the time was only 8:00 am.

I desperately needed His presence, comfort, strength and guidance.  I asked my husband to pray for me and went on my way. 

“In my distress I called to the LORD;
   I called out to my God.
From his temple he heard my voice;
   my cry came to his ears." (2 Samuel 22:7)

 "Do you not know?
   Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
   the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
   and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
   and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
   and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint." (Isaiah 40:28-31) 

As I drove to drop my daughter off at my in-laws, God spoke to me.  He said, "I am here, I will comfort you and I will not leave you."  I listened, but did not truly digest the message.  I still thought about just going home and sleeping through this day.  I hoped for someone to come and lift me up.  My thoughts began to veer off course. 

I reached my destination and ventured in the house to have a good conversation, as always, with my mother-in-law.  As I spoke with her, my eyes wandered to the clock in her bedroom.  Guess what time it displayed?  Yes, 8:28!  So, I put into my mind the Truth found in Romans 8:28!  God works EVERYTHING out for the good.  I left with a little lighter step than before.

I prayed my way to work.  Once I arrived, God placed more joy on my heart when seeing the smiles from my co-workers.  Then, I went to prepare my station and He revealed my outage from Friday!  Also, when my co-worker arrived beside me, she shared many stories with me and I saw God working all things out for her this week.  She recently lost a dear friend to Lou Gehrig's disease and needed to spend time with the family and at the funeral home.  God opened up the schedule at work and brought others to fill her spot.  Our God is an awesome God.

He made His presence known quickly to me.  He assured me that He is all I need for comfort, peace, love and strength.  He grabbed my thoughts and placed them back on course.  He lifted me up!  Thank you God.

God will never leave you.  He remains present at all times.  Ask Him into your day and just sit and watch as He reveals His power.  He will strengthen you when you feel weak, guide you when you feel lost and lift you up when you feel down.  Cry out to Him when distressed, call upon others to pray for you and wait for the peace to consume your soul.  He hears you.  He loves you.  He wants so badly to be a part of your every day life.  Won't you ask Him?

God will not answer your prayer by saying, "Sorry, not today, I am tired," or, "I just do not feel good today, sorry."  God does not call in sick, go home early or sleep in late.  He ALWAYS has time for you.  Call upon Him at any hour, any minute, any second; He will be there!

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for answering my prayers and getting my thoughts right yesterday.  I pray for my physical pain to stay away from my thoughts.  I pray for Your Truth to overpower any lies stemming from my physical pain.  Satan loves to play with my mind and create havoc.  Stop him in his tracks.  Consume my mind, heart and soul today.  Walk with me through it all.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment