Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Call is Free

If your dryer breaks, you call upon the repairman.  The brakes in the family car go out; you call a mechanic immediately to fix this problem.  When daring to climb a ladder to clean an outside window, you fall and break an arm; so, you call the doctor and rush to the office for a cast to heal the break.  Somehow you lock yourself out of your own house (do not laugh, I have done this WAY too many times); so, if you have your cell phone, you call another person who may have a key. 

Would you dare try to fix or find a solution to the above difficulties on your own?  How could you even begin to approach these issues without any knowledge on the subject?  You would be lost, possibly cause more damage and waste much of your own time.

So, why then should we expect to receive successful results, healing,
peace, help or care on our own every day?

“This is what the LORD says, he who made the earth, the LORD who formed it and established it—the LORD is his name:  ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’' (Jeremiah 33:2-3)

 "LORD my God, I called to you for help,
   and you healed me.
You, LORD, brought me up from the realm of the dead;
   you spared me from going down to the pit." (Psalm 30:2-3)

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27) 

This world is way too big for us to face on our own.  God created the world.  He left no detail unnoticed.  Living, breathing and moving all comes because He cared so dearly for us to bring life into our temporary home (our body).  He touched every fiber of our being in our mother's womb. 

He stands, waiting, on call every minute of every day.  Who better to call upon than our Maker?  Don't think you can do this on your own.  You will try many times over and over without success.  He holds all the answers to any questions, concerns or trials.  Jesus died on the cross so that the Holy Spirit may descend and live within each of us.  Allow the Holy Spirit to guide you in this life.  Doing so will prevent havoc and destruction. 

I tried way too long to fix things myself, to avoid the damages and live with blinders on my eyes.  What happens when we avoid maintenance on our appliances, refuse to call a friend for help, ignore an injury to our body or neglect repairs needed on a vehicle?  The results are not pretty.  Don't refuse or ignore the presence of God in your life.  Life with Him goes much smoother.  Joy, healing, love, peace and answers will come only when we call Him.  Even better, the call is free! 

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for holding my hand and walking with me every step of the way.  Continue to show me the path planned for me.  I will not travel without You.  I am sorry for all the times I tried on my own to fix or repair my broken self.  I know only You can bring healing, peace and love.  Thank You for loving me and saving me!  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment